The Student Room Group

Edexel Maths

Hi everyone! I need help. I pass all my subjects except maths😪. I did edexl maths foundation and I got 68 points and is a D. I checked the boundaries but I'm confused as in a foundation paper a D has 142 marks and in the higher paper a D has 35 marks. My teacher told me that I was 2 marks off to get a C??. The boundaries for a higher paper to get a C are 70 marks. I'm really confused now??
Original post by Viridiana16
Hi everyone! I need help. I pass all my subjects except maths😪. I did edexl maths foundation and I got 68 points and is a D. I checked the boundaries but I'm confused as in a foundation paper a D has 142 marks and in the higher paper a D has 35 marks. My teacher told me that I was 2 marks off to get a C??. The boundaries for a higher paper to get a C are 70 marks. I'm really confused now??

Did you take higher or foundation? If you took higher, your teacher's statement is correct.

Edit: Looking back, you couldn't have took foundation, as a 68 would be a mid G.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
Did you take higher or foundation? If you took higher, your teacher's statement is correct.

Edit: Looking back, you couldn't have took foundation, as a 68 would be a mid G.

Hi. That is why I'm confused. I took foundation.
Reply 3

Are you certain you did foundation?
Reply 4
Something is wrong here, you need to speak to your teacher/exams officer. You could not have taken the Foundation paper and got 68 marks and got a D - simples. It isn't possible. Trust me, I'm an exams officer and I know these things :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Clemm101
Something is wrong here, you need to speak to your teacher/exams officer. You could not have taken the Foundation paper and got 68 marks and got a D - simples. It isn't possible. Trust me, I'm an exams officer and I know these things :wink:
R

Hi. I took this.
Board edexel/gc
Level. GCSE/FC
Title Mathematics A (linear) Option F
Points 68

I'm so confused😪
Reply 6
Original post by L0st45
Are you certain you did foundation?

Hi. I took this.Board edexel/gcLevel. GCSE/FCTitle Mathematics A (linear) Option FPoints 68
I'm so confused😪
Reply 7
Hi. I took this.
My teacher told. Me that I was 2 marks off from a C.
I checked the boundaries but it doesn't make scenes.
I need help 😥😥😥😥

Board edexel/gc
Level. GCSE/FCTitle Mathematics A (linear) Option FPoints 68
Reply 8
Hi everyone! I need help. I pass all my subjects except maths😪. I did edexl maths foundation and I got 68 points and is a D. I checked the boundaries but I'm confused as in a foundation paper a D has 142 marks and in the higher paper a D has 35 marks. My teacher told me that I was 2 marks off to get a C??. The boundaries for a higher paper to get a C are 70 marks. I'm really confused now?
This is the result in the report.
Board edexel/gc
Level. GCSE/FCTitle Mathematics A (linear) Option FPoints 68
Reply 9
Original post by Clemm101
Something is wrong here, you need to speak to your teacher/exams officer. You could not have taken the Foundation paper and got 68 marks and got a D - simples. It isn't possible. Trust me, I'm an exams officer and I know athese things :wink:

Hi. I took this.Board edexel/gcLevel. GCSE/FCTitle Mathematics A (linear) Option FPoints 68

😪😪😪😪😪 I'm so confused
how do you find out marks for each paper
Reply 11

I also did edexcel foundation maths this year and was one mark off a C ( got 141 overall raw mark) which is so annoying so i know how you feel but yes i think you have been told something else do you mean 68 points overall as a raw mark on one of the papers or UMS..? But if you were two marks then you must of got 140 but on my results sheet the number of points i got was 34 because that is the UMS equivalent to a D grade and 40 points is for the C so it strange that you have 68…? It is possible that 68 would have been what you would have got if you sat the higher paper if you were two marks off but dw it is probably just an error that you speak to your teachers about that way that can contact the exam board or reprint your results if need be.

Hope I could help..! :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by hello654321
how do you find out marks for each paper

Ask your maths teachers that's what i did but idk maybe each school is different.
Original post by 123moon
Ask your maths teachers that's what i did but idk maybe each school is different.

I've kind of left the school now i can't ask her
R

Hi. I took this.
Board edexel/gc
Level. GCSE/FC
Title Mathematics A (linear) Option F
Points 68

I'm so confused😪

Hi,

Actual 'points' (as reported on your results slip) awarded for a D in Maths are 34. Those awarded for an A* are 58, so as far as 'points' go 68 isn't even possible.
Further more Edexcel don't provide their maths marks for provisional results statements so unless your school physically add these things to your results (if they do they have more time on their hands than me,) you're not going to be seeing them.
Could you post a picture of your results slip. I'm wondering if they've manually added info to create you results statement and made a mistake. The only way you're going to find out your ACTUAL mark is to contact your school.

Either way, IF you were 2 marks away from a C you should consider a re-mark and will need to contact them for this anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 123moon
I also did edexcel foundation maths this year and was one mark off a C ( got 141 overall raw mark) which is so annoying so i know how you feel but yes i think you have been told something else do you mean 68 points overall as a raw mark on one of the papers or UMS..? But if you were two marks then you must of got 140 but on my results sheet the number of points i got was 34 because that is the UMS equivalent to a D grade and 40 points is for the C so it strange that you have 68…? It is possible that 68 would have been what you would have got if you sat the higher paper if you were two marks off but dw it is probably just an error that you speak to your teachers about that way that can contact the exam board or reprint your results if need be.

Hope I could help..! :wink:

Thank you for your help and I'm really sorry that you were one mark off to get a C.
Are you going to ask to remark the exam? Definitely I did foundation and the teacher told my that I was 2 marks off to get a C. I thought the 68 points were my points for my mark but it is not. In my result paper didn't come how many marks I got and that is very annoying. I just have the information that my teacher said that I was 2 marks off to get a C.
Thank you 😪😊
Reply 16
Original post by hello654321
I've kind of left the school now i can't ask her

Oh.. you could possibly email her or if it's not that urgent wait till september
Reply 17
Thank you for your help and I'm really sorry that you were one mark off to get a C.
Are you going to ask to remark the exam? Definitely I did foundation and the teacher told my that I was 2 marks off to get a C. I thought the 68 points were my points for my mark but it is not. In my result paper didn't come how many marks I got and that is very annoying. I just have the information that my teacher said that I was 2 marks off to get a C.
Thank you 😪😊

No problem glad i could help! :smile: And yes i have sent off one of the papers to be remarked as i know what i got individually on each of the papers (my teacher told me) and yeah it is devastating but i still have to have hope and i'm just hoping/praying it will go up :redface:
How about you are you remarking? 2 of my friends were two marks off too so we are not the only ones...
I'm so scared.....my gcse exam is going on. what if I fail my maths?, I'm so scared, I don't want to fail my maths and English ☹️😞

Quick Reply

Latest