The Student Room Group

Need some advice for medicine application

I want to study medicine but feel my results will let me down.:frown:
At as level I got
A in geography
C in maths
C in chemistry
C in biology
All were Cs well close to B grade boundary. Shame about chemistry as my chemistry teacher said she thought I would've got an a and probably A/A* at A level
And I will be dropping geography at keeping that at As level A
And GCSEs I only got 3As 6Bs as I didn't really revise .
Is there any chance I will even get looked at?
Reply 1
Original post by james Thompson56
I want to study medicine but feel my results will let me down.:frown:
At as level I got
A in geography
C in maths
C in chemistry
C in biology
All were Cs well close to B grade boundary. Shame about chemistry as my chemistry teacher said she thought I would've got an a and probably A/A* at A level
And I will be dropping geography at keeping that at As level A
And GCSEs I only got 3As 6Bs as I didn't really revise .
Is there any chance I will even get looked at?

don't apply to GCSE heavy schools, and if you get your predicted grades up to AAA, then yes, you will have a chance, if your predicted grades is lower than AAA, you could look into foundation programmes, otherwise, work your ass off this year, get AAA minimum, and then reapply next year.

Personally, if I were you, i'd drop Maths. You're obvously bettter at geography than the other subjects, and so you're better off doing chemistry, biology and geography since you're more liekly to get a better grade
I'm sorry but your chances are probably next to nothing unless you somehow really ace your A-Levels and BMAT/UKCAT
Original post by Freyr
don't apply to GCSE heavy schools, and if you get your predicted grades up to AAA, then yes, you will have a chance, if your predicted grades is lower than AAA, you could look into foundation programmes, otherwise, work your ass off this year, get AAA minimum, and then reapply next year.

Personally, if I were you, i'd drop Maths. You're obvously bettter at geography than the other subjects, and so you're better off doing chemistry, biology and geography since you're more liekly to get a better grade

Well I did quite well in maths except one exam that made my whole grade fall but I will resit that. And I enjoy maths more than geography, thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by The_JoKeR
I'm sorry but your chances are probably next to nothing unless you somehow really ace your A-Levels and BMAT/UKCAT

Do you think I'd have a chance if I applied the year after with my A2 results then applying this year ,thanks?
Reply 5
Original post by james Thompson56
Do you think I'd have a chance if I applied the year after with my A2 results then applying this year ,thanks?

If you get predicted AAA you have a shot this year too, of course you need to do well in your UKCAT/BMAT and have a good personal statement and perform well in interview!

But first thing is to pull your grade up to AAA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending