The Student Room Group

Does anyone know any good hip-hop/ r'n'b music?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I-Hate-Edexcel
In my opinion Chip did. Yungens Oopsy Daisy diss was fire. But apart from Chip buried him lol. Yungen shot himself in the foot after being caught running outside Nandos tbh lol :biggrin:

Chip's reply to Yungen's running was lovely ~ 'Oi running boy the Olympics are in Brazil dawg'. :biggrin:

But to be fair though Yungen, Malone, and Saskilla all had amazing responses.

No not Grime, I was mentioning him in general if your are looking for a good musician.
Original post by Andy98
Dappy? Grime?

Dappy lost it when N-Dubz split and he started using fake tan and bragging about his GCSEs on Big Brother.

He's a nobody now.
Reply 23
No not Grime, I was mentioning him in general if your are looking for a good musician.

I was gonna say if he's grime then the game really is ****ed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Davalla
Chip's reply to Yungen's running was lovely ~ 'Oi running boy the Olympics are in Brazil dawg'. :biggrin:

But to be fair though Yungen, Malone, and Saskilla all had amazing responses.

Yeah haha had me laughing for ages. Especially the 12345.8910 part. The amount of MC's Chips dealt with in the space of time he's had.....I have to applaud him
Lyrics wise I do think he is the best. Shame Lowkey took a break but at least he's back. Only people that come close IMO are GIggs, Skepta and Wiley. Dappys lyrics are really good but he has hit a downward slump unfortunately. :h:

Well Giggs isn't Grime and neither is Lowkey. Skepta and Wiley are two of the best I agree. I'd say Kano or Dizzee for lyrics. Wiley for legacy & output, Dizzee for best single piece of work (you know what it is).
Original post by Davalla
Dappy lost it when N-Dubz split and he started using fake tan and bragging about his GCSEs on Big Brother.

He's a nobody now.

His fame has dropped. Some of his songs are still bangers though. Beautiful me is up there with my favourites. :biggrin:
Original post by Andy98
I was gonna say if he's grime then the game really is ****ed

Posted from TSR Mobile

both the same goes for the hip-hop and rap, kinda dead
Yeah haha had me laughing for ages. Especially the 12345.8910 part. The amount of MC's Chips dealt with in the space of time he's had.....I have to applaud him

what''s your opinion on chip's fire in the booth part 3?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Vince Staples, MF Doom, Schoolboy Q, Joey Badass.

Yes, yes, a million times yes. :love:
Reply 30
Original post by Imjustaloner
both the same goes for the hip-hop and rap, kinda dead

True, unless you know where to look

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little
Well Giggs isn't Grime and neither is Lowkey. Skepta and Wiley are two of the best I agree. I'd say Kano or Dizzee for lyrics. Wiley for legacy & output, Dizzee for best single piece of work (you know what it is).

Lowkey can do Grime as mentioned in his FITB. Giggs in terms of challenging as a Rapper. Dizzees gone now tbh. Dont listen to Kano much. :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Wilfred Little

:colonhash:
[video="youtube;3vBVl52gbIk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBVl52gbIk[/video]

Elzhi guy was pretty dope. Recommend any of his other stuff?
Also, where do you download albums for free?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
[video="youtube;3vBVl52gbIk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBVl52gbIk[/video]

Tell em :u:
Original post by Imjustaloner
what''s your opinion on chip's fire in the booth part 3?

Respect to him for even going back. He dissed Charlie on his own show. I respect Charlie for what he does for the scene but Chip kills.
Original post by Rk2k14

Firstly, that's one track. It doesn't make him a Grime artist, Lowkey is Hip-Hop. And secondly Petrol Bomb isn't even a Grime instrumental. Just because Dot Rotten produced it, it doesn't make it a Grime instrumental. Rotten has made plenty of Hip-Hop himself and openly admits he brought a Hip-Hop style to Grime.
Any specific songs you guys can suggest, including grim, rap hip/hop?
Reply 37
kanye west's first album is a banger (the college dropout)

the new workout plan is my personal favourite from the album
Original post by Rk2k14

Elzhi guy was pretty dope. Recommend any of his other stuff?
Also, where do you download albums for free?

I listened to his FITB and Cradle of Civilization. Obama Nation/My Soul is good. Cant help on the last part. I get all my songs through youtube converter.
Reply 39
I listen to R&B of the 2000's, only as they were the best times for music. Ne-Yo's ''Closer'', Akon's ''Dangerous'' Usher's ''Yeah''. Ja rule's ''Mesmerise''.

Quick Reply

Latest