The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I keep just randomly breaking down in uncontrollable sobs about my results. Never been so disappointed in my life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex.trin
Does anyone know if I can find out my mark for edexcel maths? On my results sheet it only told me my grade and not my mark or UMS unlike all my other subjects

Same for me, and presumably everybody else. As far as I know, no, seeing as the test aren't on there either. You could if you wanted to look at grade boundaries and see roughly what you got, but it's weird how they don't say marks unlike every other test.
Hi,

I haven't been on TSR for a while now but how did results day go for everyone?
Original post by -harambe-
im harambe and this is my zoo. Im here with my old man and my zookeeper chumlee. One thing i learnt being at the zoo for 17 years is that you'll never know whats going to drop in that pit

omg are u a 9gager?
Hey guys! So I'm pretty happy with my grades but there's something odd about my AQA grades. I got a179 on my Economics & Literature papers and I need a 180 for an A*. I also got a 267 for Language but I need a 270 for an A*. Should I send it for remarking or is this an AQA strategy to keep student from JUST reaching that top mark? My friends haven't experienced this problem too much, if at all..
Original post by Alex.trin
Does anyone know if I can find out my mark for edexcel maths? On my results sheet it only told me my grade and not my mark or UMS unlike all my other subjects

Original post by Char4ncubex
Yeah I hate how it's like that. I want to know how many marks I got.

Weird is this Edxexcel GCSE Maths A Higher as mine did have how many marks I got on it. Did yours have the Pearson logo on or your school's?
Where do I find the total UMS marks needed for each grade for OCR history A? Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keepyourapology
Hey guys! So I'm pretty happy with my grades but there's something odd about my AQA grades. I got a179 on my Economics & Literature papers and I need a 180 for an A*. I also got a 267 for Language but I need a 270 for an A*. Should I send it for remarking or is this an AQA strategy to keep student from JUST reaching that top mark? My friends haven't experienced this problem too much, if at all..

hey, do you know the grade boundary to get an A in english language by any chance?
Original post by mollystevens22
Does anyone have any idea of the wjec English language grade boundaries this year?

Yep, they're here. :smile:

Original post by Kxjzh
I keep just randomly breaking down in uncontrollable sobs about my results. Never been so disappointed in my life

Sorry to hear that :console: It can seem like a big deal as soon as you get your results, but is there any way of working around any setbacks you may have had today? Might this information on remarks and resits and this article be helpful at all? I hope you feel better soon.
Woooooooooooo
Got 9A*s, an A^ (further maths) and 2A's (although the school's complaining about the coursework because I and many others got 100% in those exams and then a B in the coursework???? I.e not predicted - but still really happy, and beat my older sister; ka Ching!)
Original post by natalyalemalfoy
Well at least I know in advance that I've probably failed Physics and not gotten a B in my maths... :s-smilie:

I didn't fail anything, thank goodness!! I got my B in maths too... Psychology here I come! (I needed a B to do Psychology at college). I was so negative yesterday!
5 As, 4 Bs and 3 Cs, can't complain! Well done to everyone else too :smile:
9 A stars and B. So happy! Oxbridge dream is now coming closer
Does anyone know how I can get a breakdown of my AQA grades? The paper only had my overall grades and I'd really like to know (for English) if it was my coursework or my paper that put me at an A grade as I'd really like to get a remark. Also, the people at my school are useless and I don't know who I could ask...
Original post by ChickenFillet2.0
Opinion PleaseI'm searching for an opinion on wether I should go for a remark.I have just got my Physics results from my centre - looking at the UMS it could be one mark more I need for an A*.
I was predicted an A*,yet I'm happy to settle for an A. I absolutely detest physics and the result has no bearing on the sixth-form I want to go to, or the subjects I want to do.

Should I risk it and go for a remark;or should I just put Physics behind me and be content with my current grade. My Physics teacher's indifferent.

Thanks

If there is a grade change, the cost of remarking will be refunded. I don't think your school pays for it though, it's up to the candidate to pay
guys i got 4a*s, 3 As and 2 Bs

well done to everyone!!!!
guys i got 4a*s, 3 As and 2 Bswell done to everyone!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Handwritingman

Did you not just say that..
Original post by dalegeorge1
Did you not just say that..

Sorry I wasnt sure if it posted
Well done everyone

Latest