The Student Room Group

Do I retake year 12 or carry on???

I got my AS results back and I got,
Maths:B
Politics:B
Physics D
I really don't want to continue with physics so my sixth form have recommended carrying on with my two B subjects and doing a single btec in business. However I feel it may be better just to do the year again and pick up economics as my third a level. But will this look bad when applying to uni?? Or is it worth just picking up the btec like they recommended??
Original post by Jackazon
I got my AS results back and I got,
Maths:B
Politics:B
Physics D
I really don't want to continue with physics so my sixth form have recommended carrying on with my two B subjects and doing a single btec in business. However I feel it may be better just to do the year again and pick up economics as my third a level. But will this look bad when applying to uni?? Or is it worth just picking up the btec like they recommended??

What do you want to study at uni???

I think if you get a decent grade in your BTEC then you could probably get into Russel Grp university
Reply 2
Original post by marion771
What do you want to study at uni???

I think if you get a decent grade in your BTEC then you could probably get into Russel Grp university

I was going to do civil engineering but as I am not doing physics anymore I think I'm going to do economics or potentially PPE.
Original post by Jackazon
I was going to do civil engineering but as I am not doing physics anymore I think I'm going to do economics or potentially PPE.

ok then i think you should be absolutely fine by doing the BTEC
Reply 4
Original post by marion771
ok then i think you should be absolutely fine by doing the BTEC

Thanks, just wasn't sure whether a single btec and 2 a levels was really enough.

Quick Reply

Latest