The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys. I just found out CRAZY news that i was ONE ums point from getting an A in english language (with my coursework being an A). I recieved 239 ums and an A is 240. I'm so hyper because I know I deserve an A. However i dont know how to get a remark & I really want it asap. Has any had a remark before? What do you guys think.
Considering I did literally NO revision and passed everything with Bs and As with a few Cs, I'd say I'm quite chuffed😂👌🏼
Original post by Kxjzh
I keep just randomly breaking down in uncontrollable sobs about my results. Never been so disappointed in my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I know how you feel. I don't know why I bother revising if I'm just left with a mass of B's. So disappointed with mine
Should I get a remark for maths, I was 2 marks off the A* boundary.
Original post by TheAnon121
Should I get a remark for maths, I was 2 marks off the A* boundary.

Wouldn't advise it as Maths mark she was as strict so probably won't see a change

Posted from TSR Mobile
And to think this time last night I was panicking! My school just published the GCSE report and I found out I got the best results! So delighted right now! I'm going to sleep but CONGRATS to everyone today, we've all done so well and deserve to be proud of ourselves :biggrin:
wow you guys did really good. I failed one GCSE (French) 2A's 4B's 2C's 1E the E just buzzkills it but im planning to resit maths (One of the C grades hopefully will become 3As or 1A* 2As 4Bs...and that 1E
Original post by Waveyalex
Wouldn't advise it as Maths mark she was as strict so probably won't see a change

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice. Did you get your A in maths in the end?
Hey guys I did Edexcel maths (H) and got an A, however my results sheet doesn't say the ums points (it's the only subject that doesn't show it), it just says '52 points'. Does anyone know how I can find out what mark I got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
8A* 2A 1B

I'm happy. That B would've been an A (1 ums off) but group work dragged it down. Maths surprised me though, very happy with that.
Hi guys, has anyone got the AQA science papers from 2016? I'm sure someone posted them at some point but can't find them now, chemistry would be especially useful🤓thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
is anyone elses sixth form only allowing them to do three AS levels and not four
Original post by CR7_
Nice one! My grades are nothing compared to yours; 2As, 5Bs and 3Cs.

Maths and English Lit were the As so pretty pleased! Not so pleased about the Bs that were like one mark off an A (I posted about this before).

And yeah, you shouldn't predict grades because I honestly thought I'd be that person with all Ds!

Thanks and so what? They're still amazing grades so you should be proud!! Omg same, my english lit was 1 ums off an A*!!!! I think we should both be considering remarks haha.

I also predicted myself all B's after grade boundaries came out - I guess we're our own worse critics!
[QUOTE=Hey It's Cerian;67218240]Congratulations! That's amazing, especially as you've just finished Year 9! Good luck for the next two years, I'm sure you'll be fine. :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :*)
Reply 5474
I didn't get the marks that I got on each paper on my results sheet, just the grade. Is there any way I can find out my exact marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Worth going for a remark in History if I'm 4 UMS off an A*?
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Yep, they're here. :smile:

Sorry to hear that :console: It can seem like a big deal as soon as you get your results, but is there any way of working around any setbacks you may have had today? Might this information on remarks and resits and this article be helpful at all? I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you. I got what I needed, just not what I wanted. I did worse than my mocks, which was never meant to be the case! And I'd worked so hard, I didn't even want C's! It sounds so stupid but it's really upset me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want to do history next year or its bugging you that you deserve better, yes, but if not, then don't worry about it
Original post by Chloetbqh
Same I know how you feel. I don't know why I bother revising if I'm just left with a mass of B's. So disappointed with mine

Same!! I did worse than my mocks, got more C's than anything else and had revised literally 6-7 hours a night from September!! So upset

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I don't know what to do. In geography I've been getting high A*s over the past two years and in my real exam, I got an A. I don't know what happened and I'm wondering if I should get it remarked and a photocopy of the paper? In the rest of my exams I got A*s and I'm thrilled, the geography is just really annoying me though

Latest