The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9200
Original post by James.Carnell
Yup, Mourinho is incapable of bedding in young players to a title winning side.He is short termist and a chequebook manager. His achievements at Porto are as relevant to today as Wenger's invincibles achievments.. i.e. inconsequential.

Basically this. At Porto it's easier to do anyway because the league is pretty rubbish bar for 3 teams.

If I want to be honest with Mourinho he does give young people appearances but he's probably gone the season after and if he stays he doesn't really give them a chance, he plays them 85th min and expects an impact to be made.
Ibra's still got 2yrs.
Rashford's 18.

We aint worried.
Apparently Joe Hart's willing to take a pay-cut in an attempt to get Liverpool to bid for him. Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rk2k14
Ibra's still got 2yrs.
Rashford's 18.

We aint worried.

We're not worried either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9204
Original post by Rk2k14
Ibra's still got 2yrs.
Rashford's 18.

We aint worried.

Same was said for Kalas at Chelsea and Terry.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Same was said for Kalas at Chelsea and Terry.

And for Zouma
Original post by PetrosAC
Apparently Joe Hart's willing to take a pay-cut in an attempt to get Liverpool to bid for him. Thoughts?

He's a good 'keeper and would do well for Liverpool. I wouldn't say they're massively below his level either. It'd be a good match imo
Reply 9207
Original post by difeo
And for Zouma

Who Mourinho bought to replace David Luiz.
Who Mourinho bought to replace David Luiz.

He can't exactly buy Rashford, instead he's shown intent to give him a chance by having him as first backup striker
Reply 9209
Original post by difeo
He can't exactly buy Rashford, instead he's shown intent to give him a chance by having him as first backup striker

Is he first choice or is Martial?
Is he first choice or is Martial?

Martial plays on the left. Pretty much the only guy who can play there in the team (to a high standard) so i'd go with Rashford.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd be very surprised if there's any truth in it.
Classic paper talk - Hart looking to leave and Liverpool have Mignolet.

Personally I think he's a major improvement on Migs but I doubt he'd take a sufficient wage drop for us.

N.B: Interesting stat I found on BBC Sport - Mignolet has conceded from his last 5 shots on target. We're the most infuriating team defensively because we restrict a high frequency of shots on goal pretty well, but when people do get one off they always seem to score :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No thanks. On too much big money and I think Hart is over-rated. Karius is obviously Klopp's choice for his first choice keeper.

Predictions for the Spurs game? I'm glad it's tomorrow morning so don't have to wait all weekend!
Reply 9213
Original post by Rk2k14
Martial plays on the left. Pretty much the only guy who can play there in the team (to a high standard) so i'd go with Rashford.

He'd play Depay or Mata there.
The Coutinho news forces Klopp's hand, to some extent. With Origi doubtful, you'd imagine he'll deploy Sturridge ahead of Firmino, Mane and Lallana.

The other issues are what he does in central midfield. Henderson can't be used in a similar role to the Turf Moor debacle. I'd actually enjoy it if Kevin Stewart came in, given Can's absence and Wijnaldum's penchant for being bypassed during matches away from home.

Elsewhere, I'd start Moreno and I'd start Matip - but, if two games in quick succession is too soon for him, Klavan will get the nod.
We have made a £11m offer for BVB winger Christian Pulisic
Original post by mr tim
We have made a £11m offer for BVB winger Christian Pulisic

17 year old American winger.
Reckon he can play LB?

Nice to see Klopp pursuing wingers though - we've seen what the likes of Mané can do and truth be told, we sometimes struggle by playing too many AMs.
4 hours till the game today!

Wonder if we'll see Milner or Moreno at LB? Not sure if Coutinho will shrug off his injury..
Coutinho expected to be fit - says Paul Joyce.

Also, really good interview with Lallana in today's Mail.
Original post by Zerforax
4 hours till the game today!

Wonder if we'll see Milner or Moreno at LB? Not sure if Coutinho will shrug off his injury..

I think we'll see Milner. Coutinho is fit to start apparently.

Latest