The Student Room Group

Should I just man up and ask her out?

There's this girl that I met a few month ago and I'm crazy about her, I think she may feel a little something for me too but tries to hide it. Being honest I try to hide how I truly feel about her too but we still flirt and stuff like that. I went away for nearly a month on holiday and I spoke to her last weekend for the first time in ages and I suggested maybe me and her going out for a drink or a coffee and she said "yeah, maybe.........I don't see why not" and then said she would check when she's free (she's busy these next few weekends) so that we can arrange something.

I am busy this weekend and next weekend too so we can't meet up soon anyway. I was planning on messaging her middle of next week to ask about going out but the thought about doing it is driving me crazy so I'm just thinking of manning up and asking her now rather than delaying. Do you think I should just man up and ask her now?
Original post by Anonymous
There's this girl that I met a few month ago and I'm crazy about her, I think she may feel a little something for me too but tries to hide it. Being honest I try to hide how I truly feel about her too but we still flirt and stuff like that. I went away for nearly a month on holiday and I spoke to her last weekend for the first time in ages and I suggested maybe me and her going out for a drink or a coffee and she said "yeah, maybe.........I don't see why not" and then said she would check when she's free (she's busy these next few weekends) so that we can arrange something.

I am busy this weekend and next weekend too so we can't meet up soon anyway. I was planning on messaging her middle of next week to ask about going out but the thought about doing it is driving me crazy so I'm just thinking of manning up and asking her now rather than delaying. Do you think I should just man up and ask her now?

If there's anything i've learnt is always do things now, otherwise you'll never know the answer to your question and you will end up regretting it.
Should I just man up and ask her out?

The answer to this question will almost always be an emphatic YES...
And I think you must go ahead and ask her out. But tread softly. If what you're saying sounds right to me,...I'm not so sure she feels exactly the same way as you do. But you must find out for yourself
Reply 3
Original post by Kendrik Lamar
The answer to this question will almost always be an emphatic YES...
And I think you must go ahead and ask her out. But tread softly. If what you're saying sounds right to me,...I'm not so sure she feels exactly the same way as you do. But you must find out for yourself

Someone else warned me that she may not feel the same way but surely the fact that she agreed to going out for a drink is a good thing? Either way I just need to know so that I stop wandering.
Someone else warned me that she may not feel the same way but surely the fact that she agreed to going out for a drink is a good thing? Either way I just need to know so that I stop wandering.

Unless you ask, how are you going to know?
Reply 5
Seize the moment! Speak to her face to face and try to get that date in the diary. It is far better to be courageous and to have instant verbal and body language feedback than to send messages. Good luck
Take a chance bud! :smile:
Yes you should

No, it's not a good thing because you're not being exactly clear about what you want
You should just be direct and say would you like to go on a date
Not just say would you like to go for a drink or coffee because then she does not know if your going out just as friends plus i hate it when men say do you want to meet up sometime or go for a coffee cos they have not made it clear if it's a date or are just meeting up as friends. Men who say that to me i don't actually fancy them but i'm too embarrassed to ask is it as friends or a date so i usually cancel and don't bother going. Any man who does seriously like me and wants to go on an actual date will just say do you want to go on a date so just so she knows you want more than friendship it's best to just say it's a date then you will know for sure when she says yes.
Plus men who only want to take me out for a coffee are cheap, boring ****s so i go off them a little if they don't suggest something better than coffee.
After actually asking her if she wants to go out on a date, maybe ask where she wants to go first, if she's not sure then you choose the place.
Reply 9
Original post by Rock Fan
Unless you ask, how are you going to know?

I won't but I'm scared of her saying no.
Should I message her sooner rather than later?
man up baby
Should I message her sooner rather than later?

What a stuid question, just do it now before someone else asks her out and you miss your chance.
Trust me, you dont ever want to live with regret. If i had of asked her out sooner rather than later things might have turned out differently.

Still, everyone teaches you a lesson. I learnt never to wait. Never. Always ask, always be forward. Dont knock, kick the door down etc etc
Original post by Bern Herkins
Trust me, you dont ever want to live with regret. If i had of asked her out sooner rather than later things might have turned out differently.

Still, everyone teaches you a lesson. I learnt never to wait. Never. Always ask, always be forward. Dont knock, kick the door down etc etc

So just ask her out even though some people don't think she's that interested in me?
I won't but I'm scared of her saying no.

Rather be told no because then least you do know, if you don't ask you will be wondering what if
Original post by Rock Fan
Rather be told no because then least you do know, if you don't ask you will be wondering what if

True i guess. I will ask her I just don't know what she'll say because she does seem likes she wants to meet up for a drink but also maybe making excuses.
So just ask her out even though some people don't think she's that interested in me?

The worst case is she says no.

If you never ask her, then you'll never get the chance to be with her.

So surely asking is the better option here; at least with this option you have the chance for a positive outcome. By not asking, you'll never be with her.
As the above poster has stated, the worst the case scenario is that she says no.

You have nothing to lose, asking her out will also boost your confidence so in the future you can ask out other women.

You ask her out, you will never know............

I wish you the very best of luck, best wishes :smile:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending