The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ColossalAtom
STEM poweeeeer.

indeed :biggrin:
Hello! I'll be taking Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths next year. In terms of hobbies, I don't particularly have very many - I play the piano but that's about it. My favourite subjects are basically just maths (as you can probably tell from my alevel choices). And my ideal future occupation would be a physicist or anything maths-related that isn't tedious. I really hope I get good enough AS grades to apply to Oxford for Physics and Maths cos I think I have good enough GCSEs (1A^, 8A*, 2A, 1B) so fingers crossed.
It's official! We're in year 12!
Hallo! My name is Chinonso, and I'm starting Year 12 in the autumn. I also live in Birmingham.
My hobbies and interests include video games and.. that's it. No, I'm quite a big music guy as well.

As for subjects, I plan on taking Maths (A* GCSE), Biology (A GCSE), Chemistry (A GCSE) and possibly a fourth, though I'm not sure yet.

My favourite subject is Geography and my ideal future occupation would be a doctor @ColossalAtom . :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
- Introduce yourself
Hi! This thread could prove useful so might as well jump on the bandwagon :smile: --My name's Hannah, and I'm from South England.- What are your hobbies and interests?
I quite interested in Indie Rock and Rock music and spend a lot of my free time looking around for more bands and artists that I could listen to. If I could recommend a song it would be 'Cosmic Hero' by Car Seat Headrest.- What subjects are you planning to take?
Chemistry, Maths, Physics, and German (which I just found out today [25.08.16] the school I'm going to attend offers woohoo).

As a little side note here's my GCSE Results:
Maths- A
Art- B
Religious Studies- A
Sociology- A
Science- A
Additional Science- A
German- A
English Language- A
History- A*
English Literature- B

- Your favourite subject(s)?
I'd say German definitely. Followed by Chemistry which ties into what I want to do in University- Chemical Engineering/Natural Sciences/Chemistry/Chemistry with German, depends on my A-Level Experience.- Your ideal future occupation?
That.. I'm not sure about lol. But I'm thinking Material Scientist.
- Introduce yourself
im me- What are your hobbies and interests?
gaming,movies and sitting on my arse- What subjects are you planning to take?
chem physics bio and maths- Your favourite subject(s)?
chem bio- Your ideal future occupation?
Being a literal god
Introduce yourself
Hi, I don't want to say my real name on here, but im from the North of England and was born in India.
What are your hobbies and interests?
I love playing guitar and sport, as well as cadets and games.
What subjects are you planning to take
Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Economics
Your favorite subject(s)
Out of my A-levels, Chemistry or Economics.
Your ideal future occupation?
Royal Marines Officer
Is anyone planning to shop for stationery before year 12 officially starts? Because the deals at Staples are too good.
Is anyone planning to shop for stationery before year 12 officially starts? Because the deals at Staples are too good.

Yep, but not folders etc, I don't know what I'll need....
Update: I ended up taking chemistry, physics, maths and further maths for A Level (I had to enrol about two hours after receiving results)(hard times when you're indecisive)

+ career wise I'm currently feeling environmental engineer but I also like the look of nuclear so we'll see how A Levels go and that
Is anyone else slightly bored now the excitement/terror of results has gone? 😂 I just want to get stuck into A-Levels now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Is anyone else slightly bored now the excitement/terror of results has gone? 😂 I just want to get stuck into A-Levels now!

Same! We still have another week though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank god year 11 over. Sad I failed maths but I got let into every course on the condition that I retake it in November!!! The sixth form are so nice! Can't wait to start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Im_trying
Thank god year 11 over. Sad I failed maths but I got let into every course on the condition that I retake it in November!!! The sixth form are so nice! Can't wait to start.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds awesome. So happy for you. Good luck for your courses, what you taking if you don't mind me asking?
- Introduce yourself
Well, I'm Robin (because that's just so unclear from my username), I've only been 16 for about a week and half now, and I live in Greater Manchester.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
As for hobbies, I'd say drawing and Explorer Scouts, although I'm always trying new things. I also like Anime/Manga, video games, and reading good classic literature (which seems a bit random, I know)
- What subjects are you planning to take?
I'll be taking a level 3 BTEC in Graphic Design, alongside 2 A-Levels in English Language and Core Maths.
- Your favourite subject(s)?
My favourite subjects are English Lit/Lang, Maths, Graphic Products, Business Studies and I.T.
- Your ideal future occupation?
I would absolutely love to go into freelance Graphic Design, but I am trying to keep my options open as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope,mum is still shouting at me :frown:

Yeah ive stockpiled ink cartridges and got a shiny new calculator.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's why I'm almost halfway through AS Biology content already. It's going to feel like I'm doing three AS subjects instead of four.

Yes! Just that.. I don't know what I need😂😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep! It just feels like... What do I do now😂

Latest