Geography: Predicted A / Achieved D
Biology: Predicted A / Achieved C
Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved C
Physics: Predicted B / Achieved C
English Lang: Predicted B / Achieved B
English Lit: Predicted B / Achieved A
Computing: Predicted C / Achieved B

Comments and reactions
I don't really know what to think! My targets make it look like i should be super upset but honestly, i feel like they reflect what happened on the exam days. Apparently everyone suffered a grade or so due to the mark scheme so i'll take my grades with pride! Will probably get a few remarked though because i'm a couple of marks off the next grade and you never know! Also would be useful if Chem could move up to a B because i need a B to get into Chemsitry A level

Future ambitions
Do A levels in Chemistry, Computing, Drama and Theatre Studies and English Lit and an Additional Study in Creative Writing. If i can't do Chemistry, i will either take on another A level (maybe Heath and Social Care) or Additional Studies BSL. Then study English Lit in Uni and try and become a published writer or an English teacher.
I'm so confused. Looking through all these posts. Why is everyone disappointed by only getting a few A / A*'s. b's and C's are still amazing. GCSE's are t useful for anything so stop beating yourself over grades which many people dream of but aren't naturally able to achieve them.
Results

Predicted:-

Maths: A*
English Language: A*
English Literature: A*Biology: B
Chemistry: A*Physics: A*
History: A
Geography: A*
Religious Studies: A*
Latin: A*
German: A*

Achieved:-
Maths: A*English Language: A*English Literature: A* Biology: A*Chemistry: A* Physics: A*History: A*Geography: A*Religious Studies: A*Latin: A*German: A*

Comments and reactions
Completely in shock over these results - was definitely not expecting this in Biology because I struggled so much with it! Really happy because I have secured my place at the sixth form I was really hoping to go to but which had such high offers.

Future ambitions
Chemistry teacher!
Results
Maths: Predicted (Edexcel iGCSE) A* / Achieved A*
Further Maths (AQA iGCSE): Predicted A** / Achieved A**(A* with distinction)
Biology (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Physics (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Chemistry (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
English Language (CIE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
English Literature (CIE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
German (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Spanish (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Music (Edexcel): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Drama (OCR): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
History (Edexcel iGCSE): Predicted A* / Achieved A
Religious Studies (AQA): Predicted A* / Achieved A

11A*s (including FM A* with distinction) and 2As.

Comments and reactions
Very pleased with my overall results! I thought I had completely mucked up one of my English Literature essays, so I was really surprised when I achieved the A*. Conversely, I thought History had gone really well, so I was a tad disappointed at the A grade (though I may get a remark as I got 89 UMS, and I was one mark off A*). I expected worse in RS, though surprisingly I got 100 UMS in one of the papers (and 76 in the other), so I got an A overall, which I am not too bothered about. Still, I can't really complain with a set of results like those!

Future ambitions
I'm going to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology A-levels, and hopefully study Natural Sciences at Cambridge, or a physics degree at a Russel Group University if I don't make it. More long term, I would like to get a Physics PhD and become a research physicist, but I may peel off into engineering, or even music!

I hope everyone got the results they wanted, and even if you didn't quite get the results you were hoping for, you will still be able to do so much great stuff! Have a great evening!
Results
Edexcel GCSE Mathematic A Higher - C
Edexcel IGCSE Economics - B
Edexcel IGCSE Physics - B
Edexcel IGCSE Chemistry - E
Edexcel IGCSE ICT - A
Comments and reactions
Should help balance out all the high results on this thread, Really disappointed with Maths as I was expecting a high B and ICT as I was expecting an A* and both exams were really easy! I was expecting to fail chemistry but not that badly!
Hi everyone,

I hope today went well for everyone. I thought I'd do this, I don't really know why.

Results
English lit.: Predicted A* / Achieved A
English language: Predicted A* / Achieved A
Maths: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Biology: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Chemistry: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Physics: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Latin: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
History: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
German: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
French: Predicted A* / Achieved A*

Comments and reactions
I'm really happy. I know that my results were lower than my predicted grades but I always thought those were too high and never actually expected to get that. Luckily, I did better than I thought I had done.

Future ambitions
I don't know what I want to do exactly but it will be something to do with biology. I am doing biology, chemistry, maths and german for Alevel next year.
Reply 228
Original post by Jodie_mort
its psychology, i've been watching videos and making notes for about a week now. Do you think this will help me?

Yes, I suggest making notes from various sources and making sure that you understand them fully. Then, your English needs to be good. The essay is the most important thing and the examiners can be really arsy 😔
Maths A*
English Literature A*
English Language A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
History A*
Latin A*
German A*
Music A*
Religious Studies A*

Overall: 11A*

Extremely surprised but super pleased! Well done to everybody for their results!
(edited 7 years ago)
Results
English Lit: Predicted A*/ Achieved A
English Lang: Predicted A* / Achieved A
Maths: Predicted B / Achieved A
Science: Predicted B / Achieved B
Drama: Predicted A* / Achieved A
Spanish: Predicted C / Achieved B
Business: Predicted A / Achieved B
RS: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
History: Predicted U / Achieved A

Comments and reactions
A lot of mixed emotions :/

Future ambitions
Doing Maths, English lit, Psychology and Geography for A level so we'll see :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BlueberryViolin
Extremely surprised but super pleased! Well done to everybody for their results!

Fantastic results, many congratulations! :woo:
Results
English Language: Predicted A / Achieved A*
English Literature: Predicted A / Achieved A*
Computing: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Biology: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Chemistry: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Physics: Predicted A / Achieved A*
Mathematics: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Spanish: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Geography: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Art: Predicted A* / Achieved A*
RE: Predicted A* / Achieved A*

Comments and Reactions
Honestly so shocked, was not expecting straight A* whatsoever, considering how tough the boundaries were too. Our school was so weak with English I thought I had a B in English Language. Just goes to show that hard work and determination really do pay off!

Future Ambitions
Oxbridge probably. I like stuff such as Physics, Engineering and Computer Science.
First of all in my opinion - anything above and including a C is wonderful, so well done everyone.

Second of all, my results are pretty average, but academics isn't my forte anyway - so I'm pleased with my results. Performing Arts is my area of strength. (The Drama grade says otherwise but there were circumstances with a certain member of staff, let's not go into too much detail but let's just say said person got the sack. :angry: I'm lucky I was one of the only 2/12 people in our Drama group to pass, should have gotten at least a B but what happens happens. :colondollar:) Without further stalling, here are my grades:

English Language: B (Higher)
English Literature: C (Higher)
Maths: C (Foundation)
Core Science: C (Higher, that stupid Biology exam let me down for a B haha, did awesome in Chem though, got B's in both Unit 1 and 2 which was unexpected, thanks so much Miss Good hehe!)
Additional Science: C (Higher)
French: C (Foundation)
Geography: C (Foundation)
Drama: C (Not exam based...)

BTEC Level 2;
ECDL IT: Distinction* (Yay! :biggrin:)
Public Services: Merit

Honestly, given my personal problems at the time, I think I've done alright. I got all my GCSE's A*-C! (that's including my BTEC's haha) I'm proud of myself, at the end of the day I was never an A* student in the first place and I wasn't expecting to get any grades of the sort - I was sure I would fail (In my eyes, D and below is a "fail") a good handful of my subjects because of what happened at the time, if anyone is wondering and how exactly I got through it, drop me a PM! But I pulled through and to me, that within itself is a personal achievement. Well done everyone, A*-C or not we all tried and you should be proud of that :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by caitlinford3
English literature: A*
English language: A*
Maths: A (disappointed but not surprise with the boundary)
Chemistry: A :frown:
Physics: A
Biology: A :frown: (A* in the exams but an A in coursework, my damn school ugh)
Geography: B (very disappointed, not sure what happened)
RE: A :frown:
EPQ: A*
French: A*

Those are very good results! Don't put yourself down like that, and if you keep this up, going to Oxbridge is extremely possible. You seem like a passionate and determined person, don't let this get in the way of your dreams! I had 1 A* and the rest A's and I feel disappointed for similar reasons as you but I feel I shouldn't try to be hard on myself, and learn to improve even further. Not only that, you now know what to do sort of for your A levels as a result of what happen to your coursework. Keep pestering to your teachers till their ears bleed and I'm sure your A-level results will be outstanding as well! :smile: Sorry for the long lecture! :P
A^ in Further Maths
A* in Maths (last year), Triple Science, French and Textiles
A in Eng Lang, Lit, History and Stats.

With Stats there was only 2 of us and our school marked our coursework as a* but got it back as c. Blame it on school.

Oh yeah I was second highest in school but unlike some at school I didn't have a private tutor. And our school is loke one of the biggest in the country.

Wanted to study medicine at Oxford but can't anymore. Aiming for Cambridge now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Grades
Maths: Predicted A / My expectations A / Achieved A*
Further Maths: Predicted B / My expectations C / Achieved A
Biology: Predicted A* / My expectations A / Achieved A (2 marks off an A*)
Chemistry: Predicted A* / My expectations A / Achieved A
Physics: Predicted A* / My expectations A / Achieved A (1 mark off an A*)
English Language: Predicted A* / My expectations A* / Achieved A*
English Literature: Predicted A* / My expectations A* / Achieved A
Geography: Predicted A* / My expectations A / Achieved A*
French: Predicted B / My expectations C / Achieved B
Civil Engineering Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate: Predicted D*D* / My expectations D*D* / Achieved D*D* (equivalent of 2 A* GCSEs)

My comments:
Very very very pleased with these results and am so happy that I exceeded my expectations in a few subjects. Still kicking myself a little bit over losing a few easy marks in the science exams that could have pushed me up to an A*, but I'm not too bothered really - an A is still an amazing result. However, I have certainly found that the rumour that if you do well in your mocks, you're going to do worse in your actual GCSEs could be true, as I got all A*s I my mocks in most of my subjects. Still really pleased though.

My Next Steps:
Study maths, physics, chemistry and level 3 civil engineering at sixth form, and hopefully get the grades I need at A-Level (AAA) to get into my dream university course - Civil and Railway Engineering MEng at Birmingham University.
(edited 7 years ago)
Results
English Language: Predicted B/ Achieved A*
English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved A*
Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A*
French: Predicted C / Achieved A*
Spanish: Predicted C / Achieved A*
History: Predicted A / Achieved A*
Science: Predicted A / Achieved A*
Fine art: Predicted B / Achieved A*

Comments and reactions
I am over the moon with my results!! I´m so glad the hard work paid off :smile: I hope everyone else is happy with their results :wink:
Future ambitions
I would like to go to the sixth form, and study English Literature, History, Fine art, and either Spanish or French :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by caitlinford3
Think it was 270, at least it was for French so i'd assume it'd be the same. Check the UMS grade boundaries :smile:

Thankyou
I
Wow amazing results
I am doing history in yr 11 and I urgently need some revision tips ? Do have any flashcards or mind maps that you did and if so will you be able to post ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest