The Student Room Group

Can I still get into a Russell group university?

My GCSE grades:
Maths - B
Biology - B
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
Philosophy and Ethics - B
History - B
English Language - C
English Literature - C
German - C
Business Studies - C
Original post by Tinka99
My GCSE grades:
Maths - B
Biology - B
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
Philosophy and Ethics - B
History - B
English Language - C
English Literature - C
German - C
Business Studies - C

Maybe. It depends which uni and which course. Unis list their gcse requirements on their websites under entry requirements for each course. The C in English may cause more problems than your maths grade.

You will have to do some research before wasting a slot when it comes to the time you have to apply.

Good luck
Maybe. The only issue is likely to be your English grade
Reply 3
Original post by A-LJLB
Maybe. The only issue is likely to be your English grade

Should I retake English in November if it's gonna cause a major problem? I want to get into Uni's like LSE, Kings College and Manchester.
Reply 4
Original post by AmyPilot
Maybe. It depends which uni and which course. Unis list their gcse requirements on their websites under entry requirements for each course. The C in English may cause more problems than your maths grade.

You will have to do some research before wasting a slot when it comes to the time you have to apply.

Good luck

What about Engineering?
Original post by Tinka99
Should I retake English in November if it's gonna cause a major problem? I want to get into Uni's like LSE, Kings College and Manchester.

Check what they require in English, if they require a higher grade then yes
Original post by Tinka99
What about Engineering?

You need to check out the websites of the unis you are interested in - find the course and check out the entry requirements. Each will be different.

I had a friend who was rejected from Manchester (this was 2 years ago mind you) as she only had a C in maths and not the B they required.
Original post by Tinka99
What about Engineering?

Just had a nosey on Manchester's website - mechanical engineering states C grades in gcse English and maths - but AAB in A levels (including maths and physics) - didn't check out any other engineering options

Quick Reply

Latest