The Student Room Group

LDR- sexual and romantic side?

How do you keep the sexual and romantic part of the relationship alive in an LDR? We should be able to see each other once a month but I worry the chemistry will diminish when we can't see each other. I'm very insecure and have anxiety, if that matters at all. What are your tips?
Also, what can we do to still feel close when we're a 2 hour train journey apart? I'm the sort who needs physical contact and closeness so this will be hard for me.
LDR's are not really that much difficult, but it depends on the people involved. I was in an LDR and did just fine, though the physical side was a bit awkward. At the end of the day it just boils down to communication, making the time for each-other and enjoying what time you do spend.

Chemistry doesn't vanish because of distance. Talk on Skype, play games, send each other letters. There's a lot of things you can do to keep things alive. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by -
LDR's are not really that much difficult, but it depends on the people involved. I was in an LDR and did just fine, though the physical side was a bit awkward. At the end of the day it just boils down to communication, making the time for each-other and enjoying what time you do spend.

Chemistry doesn't vanish because of distance. Talk on Skype, play games, send each other letters. There's a lot of things you can do to keep things alive. :smile:

Is it possible to avoid the physical side being awkward? We would have been together 11 months when we enter the LDR and it's not as long distance as some others I've seen, but we have had a few rocky months so I'm just a bit worried even though we're fine now.
He's not hugely romantic either haha so we'll have to work around that as well.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Is it possible to avoid the physical side being awkward? We would have been together 11 months when we enter the LDR and it's not as long distance as some others I've seen, but we have had a few rocky months so I'm just a bit worried even though we're fine now.
He's not hugely romantic either haha so we'll have to work around that as well.

It just boils down to communication. If it's effective you'll avoid problems with ease. As long as when you're together you "get time to yourselves" there really shouldn't be an issue. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
How do you keep the sexual and romantic part of the relationship alive in an LDR? We should be able to see each other once a month but I worry the chemistry will diminish when we can't see each other. I'm very insecure and have anxiety, if that matters at all. What are your tips?
Also, what can we do to still feel close when we're a 2 hour train journey apart? I'm the sort who needs physical contact and closeness so this will be hard for me.

Sexting. :colone: I'm not even joking when I say this.

And make sure you and your bf keep talking :smile:
Reply 5
It can be the reverse. Weekends and holidays together are intensely enjoyable and passionate. Mind you, Sunday afternoons pre-departure can be very depressing. I had a 2 year LDR with my gf (although we did get together most weekends and she is a teacher and had long holidays) and I would almost recommended it as a phase for every relationship. When you are apart its down to phone, social media and FaceTime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending