The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrawlx101
For campus ID what type of photo do we need to take? Doing the registration stuff now

Any kinda photo is fine really, as long as it clearly shows your face - think, not quite serious passport pic! The kinda thing they accept on railcards!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by mobbsy91
Any kinda photo is fine really, as long as it clearly shows your face - think, not quite serious passport pic! The kinda thing they accept on railcards!

Just be aware you'll have that photograph for 3+ years so give it some thought :smile: But yes, it's not quite as formal as a passport picture!
Original post by University of East Anglia
Just be aware you'll have that photograph for 3+ years so give it some thought :smile: But yes, it's not quite as formal as a passport picture!

:eek: I loved mine so much I actually downloaded it off of evision to use as the pic for my replacement railcard :biggrin:
:eek: I loved mine so much I actually downloaded it off of evision to use as the pic for my replacement railcard :biggrin:

It's fine for three years but once you become staff and that same photograph is on your campus card it becomes a little tired...!
Original post by University of East Anglia
It's fine for three years but once you become staff and that same photograph is on your campus card it becomes a little tired...!

Secretly change it on the system, lose your card, and get a new one :colone:
Secretly change it on the system, lose your card, and get a new one :colone:

can you explain what blackboard(logged on) and evision are? confused right now /set my password and got my log in details / got my email for uea / i want to look for jobs in the area and apply - how would i go about this? / Is there anything else you reccomend doing? Joined my flat on FB aswell
can you explain what blackboard(logged on) and evision are? confused right now /set my password and got my log in details / got my email for uea / i want to look for jobs in the area and apply - how would i go about this? / Is there anything else you reccomend doing? Joined my flat on FB aswell

blackboard contains module information- e.g. handbooks, lecture slides and so forth.

Evision contains your timetable, accommodation contract, coursework marks and in time your classification and overall marks for each year :smile: *
Original post by lilGem

blackboard contains module information- e.g. handbooks, lecture slides and so forth.

Evision contains your timetable, accommodation contract, coursework marks and in time your classification and overall marks for each year :smile: *

thank you,sorry to ask so many questions but what exactly am I meant to do now :I've got my password and login and when I checked on evision my timetable hasnt been updated
thank you,sorry to ask so many questions but what exactly am I meant to do now :I've got my password and login and when I checked on evision my timetable hasnt been updated

Your timetable won't be updated until a week if not a few days before term starts. If you have optional modules in first year it might be worth looking into them (I didn't have any until second year so I can't say what happens)

If you have your accommodation offer then go through all of that and confirm it.

Make sure you change your password from the one they gave you to one you'll remember :smile:

I can't think if there's anything else that's needed :redface: *

Have a look through this site
https://portal.uea.ac.uk/web/hub/new-students/undergraduates

It covers everything you need to do before you arrive.

Then the first week you will have an induction timetable. You'll find it on the page for your relevant school of study which you can select on here:
https://portal.uea.ac.uk/new-students/undergraduates/your-school

As lilGem has said your standard timetable for week 2 onwards won't appear on evision for a while- the university with be finalising details.
Is it worth buying tickets for events now or the 1/2 week wristbands for all club and freshers events, because if I get one now and the people in my halls arent going then surely its a waste, but if I dont then I may miss out? What's your thoughts
Original post by KentonW
Is it worth buying tickets for events now or the 1/2 week wristbands for all club and freshers events, because if I get one now and the people in my halls arent going then surely its a waste, but if I dont then I may miss out? What's your thoughts

Same here. Still trying to figure out whether I should buy tickets or just the wristband. 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think ill just buy tickets buying a wristband is hella expensive
Anyone know how much are the tickets usually? £75 for the wristband is pretty steep...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by knifeprincess
Anyone know how much are the tickets usually? £75 for the wristband is pretty steep...

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, im gonna buy probs week 2 wristband which is less expensive and i am going to buy individual tickets during week one for maybe one or two events.
thats my plan anyway at the mo:smile:
Original post by cgureje
hey, im gonna buy probs week 2 wristband which is less expensive and i am going to buy individual tickets during week one for maybe one or two events.
thats my plan anyway at the mo:smile:

Hey, I went ahead and bought individual tickets for Glow and UEA Ball. Still not sure whether I should go for week 2 or not since i'm not really a party type of person haha...

Which events are you interested in going? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by knifeprincess
Hey, I went ahead and bought individual tickets for Glow and UEA Ball. Still not sure whether I should go for week 2 or not since i'm not really a party type of person haha...

Which events are you interested in going? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ended up buying the Sunday welcome to freshers week and all of week 2 cos it was cheaper. I like the idea of the events on week 2 like the foam party etc
But I may buy another one in week one, actually probs not otherwise too much money but I'll c
Tbh I'm not tooo much of a party person either
What accommodation are u staying in? I'm staying in Norfolk terrace
X
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cgureje
I ended up buying the Sunday welcome to freshers week and all of week 2 cos it was cheaper. I like the idea of the events on week 2 like the foam party etc
But I may buy another one in week one, actually probs not otherwise too much money but I'll c
Tbh I'm not tooo much of a party person either
What accommodation are u staying in? I'm staying in Norfolk terrace
X

Are week 2 events gonna be outside of campus?

I'll be staying in Constable Terrace! When are you arriving?

Posted from TSR Mobile
can we just them at uni when we go to the event? Not a fan of preordering if I don't know whats good
can we just them at uni when we go to the event? Not a fan of preordering if I don't know whats good

Week 2 events aren't anything special they're events in the city run by nightclub promoters.

Week 1 events they open up to existing students once freshers have had a chance to buy theirs so there probably won't be the availability.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending