The Student Room Group

GCSE remark stories?

Is there anybody who had their paper remarked and dropped one (or more) grade(s)/marks? Tell me what happened! Just considering whether to have a few papers remarked or not..

Scroll to see replies

My teacher told my class about a girl who got a her test remarked. She dropped a mark down.
Reply 2
Plenty of people go up one mark and down on another paper so their overall stays the same. Must be annoying esp if you were one mark off the next grade boundary.

I've only had one paper remarked and it went up a couple marks (and it was a Physics paper!!)
Reply 3
Original post by Jitesh
Plenty of people go up one mark and down on another paper so their overall stays the same. Must be annoying esp if you were one mark off the next grade boundary.

I've only had one paper remarked and it went up a couple marks (and it was a Physics paper!!)

When did u get it remarked? I heard remarking this year is even stricter... I'm thinking of remarking my core science paper where I was 1 mark away from an A*...
Happy-ish remark

I got my results yesterday, somehow managed to get an F in my biology ISA. Told my teacher yesterday about the situation because I got A + A* in my other two ISA's - so she is getting it remarked. Hopefully comes out as an A so my overall grade is pushed to an A!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by shohaib712
Happy-ish remark

I got my results yesterday, somehow managed to get an F in my biology ISA. Told my teacher yesterday about the situation because I got A + A* in my other two ISA's - so she is getting it remarked. Hopefully comes out as an A so my overall grade is pushed to an A!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know what the deadline is for remarking
I can't contact my school they are closed I even tried email and I need remarking for maths I was 1 mark away from C
I'm scared the deadline is near or something
Original post by Starfortune
I can't contact my school they are closed I even tried email and I need remarking for maths I was 1 mark away from C

My exam person at my school told me the deadline is the 9th September.
Original post by moggygeorgieee
My exam person at my school told me the deadline is the 9th September.

Oh thank u so much for replying I really hope it is 9th September hopefully I can get to my school before then
Thanks so so much

15th of september
Did you send an email to your maths teacher? Try asking the head of maths? Try phone calling i'm sure somebody will pick up? If not just wait till september the 5th or try contacting your teachers via social media or something :biggrin:
Original post by shohaib712
15th of september
Did you send an email to your maths teacher? Try asking the head of maths? Try phone calling i'm sure somebody will pick up? If not just wait till september the 5th or try contacting your teachers via social media or something :biggrin:

Oh thanks so much I was wondering how u know it's on the 15th I tried looking everywhere
And no I cannot really access my school unfortunately but thanks so much
English lit moved up 1 mark to an A*
Religious studies moved up 14 marks stayed at an A
German moved down 2 marks stayed at a B
How is it i got a 0 X for my physics Unit 1, but B's on the other ones????

Do you not have an induction day? Go to your teacher then to ask if they think u should have a remark
Original post by Bruh.. WHY
How is it i got a 0 X for my physics Unit 1, but B's on the other ones????

There is a possibility they didn't bother marking it Contact the board or get your school to do so
Reply 14
Original post by moggygeorgieee
Is there anybody who had their paper remarked and dropped one (or more) grade(s)/marks? Tell me what happened! Just considering whether to have a few papers remarked or not..

Okay so last year i got my wjec result in english language and i got a A. In coursework i got an A* in writing i got an A* and in reading i got an D. I was convinced this was true, but my teacher forced me to get a remark. I went from a D in that paper to full marks and overall got an A* :biggrin:
Do you guys think I should get one of my English Literature exam modules remarked? My total UMS was 213, 3 UMS off of an A*. For my overall grade to drop down to B, I would need to lose 21 UMS because the A/B boundary was 192 UMS.
(edited 7 years ago)

How can you check your maths mark? Where you Edexcel?

And the deadline is still a little while away I believe, just email them :smile:
I knew this girl who once got an E in one of her maths papers and after she got it remarked she got an A* ;I don't even know how that is possible!
I guess her was a rare case XD
The deadline is the 20th of September. :smile: Also, does anyone think I should get a remark in Psychology? I'm 8 UMS off an A*
Thanks
Reply 19
Original post by thepewds_
The deadline is the 20th of September. :smile: Also, does anyone think I should get a remark in Psychology? I'm 8 UMS off an A*
Thanks

Depends what the B boundary is. Also, what were you expecting/predicted?

I got a B on one Physics paper and it went up quite a few UMS up last year, turning my grade overall to an A* . The school wouldn't pay for it, so I had to pay myself as I knew that paper shouldn't have been as low as a B... went up to a mid A I think! But you get a refund if the grade improves :smile:

The school paid for everyone's Poetry exam to be remarked and mine went up 10UMS, so in the end I ended up being 3 or something UMS off an A* for lit, but it was passed the remark deadline, so I couldn't get the prose one remarked lol

Quick Reply

Latest