The Student Room Group

GLS training contract application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Pfo! Next year will hopefully be the year....
Reply 101
Original post by divamk
Pfo! Next year will hopefully be the year....

Was it your first time trying?
It was my first time but I'm already 23 years old. I worry this is it for me..
Reply 102
Original post by Scragglefrock
Been told I passed the CRT but didn't score high enough overall to get a place at assessment centre... Gutted... 😢

Same. It's tough because you need to be in the top 150 out of thousands. I wanna know what percentile I was in though.
Original post by dbdb

I was 23/4 (cant quite remember) and I know older who have made it.
Reply 104
Original post by dbdb

Yeah it was. I tried last year but there was an error with my application so it wasn't submitted. So technically yes my first attempt. I'm also 23
Reply 105
I'm not giving up!
Reply 106
I know there has already been helpful advice posted on here about the interview, but does anyone have any tips on how to handle the assessment centre? I'm particularly thinking about how to impress on the written exercise and the motivational questions.

The GLS has been more helpful than any employer I've encountered in providing information on what the process will be like, but any tips from those who have been through it in previous years would be invaluable!!

I was also wondering if anyone had any insight into the departmental selection form? Go for the dept. with the most spaces as most preferable or do they not really take this into account in the selection process?

Any advice would be most appreciated!
Have those who have already done the AC already found out if they passed or failed it?
Original post by Simba03
Have those who have already done the AC already found out if they passed or failed it?

We find out if we passed AC tomorrow.
Original post by AustinTX

I wouldn't hold your breath, as the AC is still going on tomorrow. I'm guessing they will want to do standardisation together and since they won't start marking until all interviews are over I would have guessed Tuesday at the earliest.

Did they let you know it would be Thursday? Will be looking out in email tomorrow if that's the case!
Original post by Simba03
Did they let you know it would be Thursday? Will be looking out in email tomorrow if that's the case!

I was told today was the last day of AC and they'd let us know if we'd passed tomorrow. Then they'll tell us if we have a TC by the 1st Sept.
Reply 112
It says on the website that they will let us know if we have passed the AC tomorrow (the 26th) and then if we got the job on the 1st
Original post by LawMe
It says on the website that they will let us know if we have passed the AC tomorrow (the 26th) and then if we got the job on the 1st

You're right. I checked and they'll let us know by 8pm tomorrow. They're now saying we'll find out about the TC on 1st or 2nd.
Original post by LawMe

Anyone heard yet?
Reply 115
Anyone heard yet?

Nope :frown:
Original post by LawMe
Nope :frown:

This waiting is driving me crazy!!
This waiting is driving me crazy!!

PFO :frown:
Reply 118