The Student Room Group

How do I get into medicine with a BTEC level 3 additional science?

I know with this course you can't immediately get into medicine as they wont accept you but is there another way of going into medicine? For example if I get straight As and A* in this science what could I go into next and from there what could get me into medicine?
You can try and get into a university pursuing an undergraduate in a science course then go for post graduate degree in medicine afterwards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Rebeccasome7
I know with this course you can't immediately get into medicine as they wont accept you but is there another way of going into medicine? For example if I get straight As and A* in this science what could I go into next and from there what could get me into medicine?

Like the above poster has said, graduate entry medicine is probably your best bet. But keep in mind that there is a lot more competition for it and as it will be your second degree, student finance won't be financing it. Right now, I would focus on college and if medicine is something you really want to do start doing a bit of research so you know what you are getting yourself into.
Reply 3
Original post by polerat
Like the above poster has said, graduate entry medicine is probably your best bet. But keep in mind that there is a lot more competition for it and as it will be your second degree, student finance won't be financing it. Right now, I would focus on college and if medicine is something you really want to do start doing a bit of research so you know what you are getting yourself into.

OP can apply to a medicine post grad at the same uni that they already did the undergrad degree at. There are no guarantees but if they perform well during undergrad then im sure they will try to get OP onto their medicine course - beats the competition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending