The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by masterllecker
CS, Lazard, BNP, Barclays do care, from my research. If you are a final year you should go for grad schemes with these.

Or off cycle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 941
I did the SJT yesterday morning and got the verbal reasoning test by the evening.

Interesting, thanks for your reply! If I had failed it I dont understand why it would take so long for them to get back to me but then again equally it does not make sense if I would have passed it..
Original post by vader9280
So after going through some forums, as a final year I'm applying to:

UBS, Barcap, GS, MS, CS, JPM, Lazard, SG, CA, Greenhill, BNP Paribas, Commerzbank, Citi.

Any others where not being penultimate isn't a disadvantage?

CS and JPM do not accept final year summer applications, I'm almost certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CS, Lazard, BNP, Barclays do care, from my research. If you are a final year you should go for grad schemes with these.

Are you sure about Barclays? It seemed to be one of the few where if you did a summer with them, you could start a few months later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
CS and JPM do not accept final year summer applications, I'm almost certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

CS and JPM DO NOT accept summer applications from final years. Already checked. Both DO accept applications for off-cycles though and both are open atm :smile:.
Reply 945
Original post by alexjones1994
CS and JPM DO NOT accept summer applications from final years. Already checked. Both DO accept applications for off-cycles though and both are open atm :smile:.

JPM do accept summer internship applications from final years, at least for the Markets program.

https://jpmorgan.tal.net/vx/appcentre-global/brand-0/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/18/opp/4697-2017-Markets-Summer-Analyst-Programme-London/en-GB

See Eligibility section.

I have a lot of friends at JPM and they said like 20-30% of interns are final-years.
Original post by Turing
JPM do accept summer internship applications from final years, at least for the Markets program.

https://jpmorgan.tal.net/vx/appcentre-global/brand-0/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/18/opp/4697-2017-Markets-Summer-Analyst-Programme-London/en-GB

See Eligibility section.

I have a lot of friends at JPM and they said like 20-30% of interns are final-years.

Maybe it's only markets that is flexible on this..

"To be considered for a place on our Summer Program you must be a penultimate-year university student, eligible to start full-time in 2018."

https://jpmorgan.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-9/brand-18/xf-1b29f1304c32/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/18/opp/4684-2017-Investment-Banking-Summer-Analyst-Program-London/en-GB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 947
Original post by Princepieman
Maybe it's only markets that is flexible on this..

"To be considered for a place on our Summer Program you must be a penultimate-year university student, eligible to start full-time in 2018."

https://jpmorgan.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-9/brand-18/xf-1b29f1304c32/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/18/opp/4684-2017-Investment-Banking-Summer-Analyst-Program-London/en-GB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, that's odd. Perhaps they are planning on recruiting more Markets/less IBD interns this year?
Original post by Turing
Hmm, that's odd. Perhaps they are planning on recruiting more Markets/less IBD interns this year?

I don't think it leads on to that really. It just seems like IBD is more of a stringent/conservative area in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Turing

Normally final year should apply for grad but JPM does not have Markets grad position this year, so they are allowing final year to apply for summer.. but they have IBD grad and they expect final year to apply to that (which makes sense)
Original post by TheParham
Normally final year should apply for grad but JPM does not have Markets grad position this year, so they are allowing final year to apply for summer.. but they have IBD grad and they expect final year to apply to that (which makes sense)

This explains everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Knew a few research guys who were final year when I did my summer at JP
Reply 952
Hey,

I am in my last year at university this October. However, I would rather apply to Summer Analyst roles than Graduate roles. But Credit Suisse for example states that you explicitly have to be in your penultimate year to be eligible for the program. However, if i just write in my cover letter that I am intending to do a masters after my bachelor (although I dont want to), will I be able to apply for the Summer Analyst role?

Thank you
Original post by AKRP
Hey,

I am in my last year at university this October. However, I would rather apply to Summer Analyst roles than Graduate roles. But Credit Suisse for example states that you explicitly have to be in your penultimate year to be eligible for the program. However, if i just write in my cover letter that I am intending to do a masters after my bachelor (although I dont want to), will I be able to apply for the Summer Analyst role?

Thank you

I mean you could read the threads?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 954
Original post by Princepieman
I mean you could read the threads?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am currently working so writing this in undercover mode :wink:
Pls help me pls pls
Original post by AKRP
I am currently working so writing this in undercover mode :wink:
Pls help me pls pls

Well are you asking us if its okay to lie on your cover letter? cause it is not okay, they could ask you in an interview what you want to do your masters in and why etc
Reply 956
Well are you asking us if its okay to lie on your cover letter? cause it is not okay, they could ask you in an interview what you want to do your masters in and why etc

I will be prepared to coherently answer any question regarding my masters. If they would give me an offer on the condition that I actually do a masters, well then I would do one... Basically, I just want to know whether I can prevent the regulation of me being unable to apply for SA positions by saying I am going to do a masters.
Original post by AKRP
I will be prepared to coherently answer any question regarding my masters. If they would give me an offer on the condition that I actually do a masters, well then I would do one... Basically, I just want to know whether I can prevent the regulation of me being unable to apply for SA positions by saying I am going to do a masters.

So you are willing to do a whole masters degree if CS give you a 9-10 weeks long internship? hahaha
Reply 958
So you are willing to do a whole masters degree if CS give you a 9-10 weeks long internship? hahaha

Mate, I am mostly indifferent between doing a masters or not, but would prefer joining straight away... Comprende?
Original post by AKRP
Mate, I am mostly indifferent between doing a masters or not, but would prefer joining straight away... Comprende?

if you are keen on joining straight away I suggest this thing called the Analyst 2017 programme that CS do, check it out :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending