The Student Room Group

Computer Science, Computing and Computer Engineering.

What is the difference between Computer Science, Computing and Computer Engineering and which course would be the best to do if i am looking to work at Google, Facebook, Microsoft. But mostly i want to work at a game company like Naughty Dog or Bethesda.Which course would be the best for either of this?
Reply 1
Computer science is more theoretical it's stuff like algorithms and data structures their is lots of discrete maths like set theory and graph theory. Computer engineering is more how does the software interact with the hardware like a bit programming and hardware . If you want to do games programming that's pretty different to what Google , Facebook ect do. I'd say computer science is best and look into specific game development courses
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
What is the difference between Computer Science, Computing and Computer Engineering and which course would be the best to do if i am looking to work at Google, Facebook, Microsoft. But mostly i want to work at a game company like Naughty Dog or Bethesda.Which course would be the best for either of this?

CompSci (or Computing at Imperial)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending