The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
No but if we get a defender is Cahill going to touch the pitch, especially considering Zouma is coming back? Currently our situation is bleak with defenders but buy a CB, Zouma comes back and we use Aina more/buy fullback and we got a pretty good defence.

Are you going to pay what Napoli are asking for though for Koulibaly? They don't need to sell right now. The Italian young lad from AC Milan does not need to move either as they have rich owners now. You could go for Manolas I guess and he will be an improvement.

As for fullback, will be interesting to see who he goes for.
Original post by swirly
Don't produce stars either m8.

inb4 Kieran Gibbs.

How the **** did Milner win it 6 years ago and fam is 30 now.
Perez has elements of Sergio Aguero in his play although Aguero is one of the best dribblers and ball controller in world football with his low center of gravity.

You can quote me for future reference - Wenger will mess up and turn him into a Winger (not that he wouldn't make a good winger with his pace and direct running).
Original post by Windies
Perez has elements of Sergio Aguero in his play although Aguero is one of the best dribblers and ball controller in world football with his low center of gravity.

You can quote me for future reference - Wenger will mess up and turn him into a Winger (not that he wouldn't make a good winger with his pace and direct running).

I'm pretty sure the signing of Perez was for him to play as a striker, and give Giroud proper competition, because we already have an abundance of wingers
Reply 9764
Original post by James.Carnell
Did I say they were? Learn to read.

Did I say I was expecting block buster signings?

You're an actual meme haha.
Perez is a winger originally you guys haven't done your research that's why Wenger bought him he has a fascination with wingers
Reply 9766
Original post by leinad2012
Think you're being way too harsh on Perez when you've never seen him play. At least reserve judgement on him until he's played a game for us ffs. 17 goals and 10 assists for a bottom half team in his first season as striker. I have some more hope for this season now.

We may not have a squad of big money players like united and city, but our depth is exceptional now. And also lots of different options tactics wise. We could have a 2nd XI of:

Ospina
Jenkinson Mert Holding/Gabby Gibbs
Coq Wilsh
Walcott Cazorla Gnabry
Perez

That is still a team that will beat most bottom half sides, and that doesn't include Iwobi, Neny, Akpom, Debuchy Chambers.

Should we have signed earlier? Yes, but then Mustafi was injured anyway so wouldn't have played our first 2 games. Wenger has handled the media and the window appallingly (and has admitted he went into the window thinking it'd be a breeze), but provided these 2 transfers go through, we have addressed most major problems in our squad satisfactorily bar striker.

I will reserve judgement for now but honestly I'm not that hopeful. UTD are going to walk the league this year like I said. Next year Mourinho will implode and it will be City's.
Original post by AR_95

Tbf you both are. You're like the Arsenal threads version of Ty and Claude, only James is a little more delusional than Ty and you're a little more whiny than Claude :wink:

@James.Carnell
Original post by al_94
Perez is a winger originally you guys haven't done your research that's why Wenger bought him he has a fascination with wingers

No one cares about what position he was playing at in the academy or 2 seasons ago, what we care about is where he played last season, as a striker and he scored 18 goals in the League.
Original post by AR_95

You act like you do, go support Man Utd you glory hunter.
Tbf you both are. You're like the Arsenal threads version of Ty and Claude, only James is a little more delusional than Ty and you're a little more whiny than Claude :wink:

@James.Carnell

We'll challenge. Quote me.

Reply 9771

@James.Carnell

lol at you. You generally whine the most on this thread and come up with the weirdest comments. Defo on par with Shaun.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9772
Speaking of TY, does anyone know where I can find his post-draw celebration video high-fiving Moh and Claude when Arsenal were given Monaco? I looked on AFTV between the Newcastle and Liverpool matches, which is when the draw was made, and found three CL videos on there but none of them showed TY doing this. Just I love hypcrites. :colonhash:
Original post by AR_95
lol at you. You generally whine the most on this thread and come up with the weirdest comments. Defo on par with Shaun.

Lol at writing original comment 5 hours ago then editing 2 hours ago. Did he make you cry? :lol:
Tears for AR_95.

(edited 7 years ago)
With the new additions to the team, I am coming up with a list of who in the team I think are subs and which are the doms.

The doms:
Cech
Koscielny
Giroud
Gunner Granit
Sanogo (all 6ft4 of dat BBC)
Coq
Iwobi (roadman qualities)

The subs bench:
Mertesacker (he looks like a big pussy and a camp bastard)
Mesut Ozil: complete ****ing pussy. Had a bust up at Real Madrid and his dom mate Benzema had to step in to protect him cos he was being bullied.
Theo
Aaron Ramsey: Looks like a closet queer. Will probably start painting his toenails soon like Ronaldo and jetting off to exotic places with his good dominant looking friend that he is very close with but is "not his boyfriend". On the subject of Ronaldo... honorary mention for him. When your boyfriend is a big North African kickboxer from the ghetto you're a ****ing sub.
Hector: Bottom of the pile.

Wenger: He just watches. All of the time, 24/7. Live, replays, all of the tapes. He just... watches.
(edited 7 years ago)
I am an Archway born gooner, I have been to more matches than everyone on this forum together, and I came back to say.....

"Thank you Tomas"
(edited 7 years ago)
Mustafi is a dreadful transfer for 35m, so what's Martin Keown worth? 70.5m?

I live in Germany and seen Mustafi for Germany, even in this inflated market weve been had.....

FFS Arsene
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Mustafi is a dreadful transfer for 35m, so what's Martin Keown worth? 70.5m?

I live in Germany and seen Mustafi for Germany, even in this inflated market weve been had.....

FFS Arsene

You don't know football.

Mustafi has even more interceptions than Koscielny. He played with absolutely **** tier defenders at Valencia like Barragan. Kos is reknown for his interceptions and the volume of them... because he babysits Mertesacker. He recovered possession from opposing passes 127 times in 33 games. A big number. Mustafi made more, 133 interceptions in 30 games, more in fewer games. He is an intelligent player and can adjust his positioning very well... i.e. Kos won't need to babysit him.

51 tackles, more than Mert and Kos combined. He's only 6ft, but he's won 73% aerial duels.

The numbers which are most telling are the combination of his interception and tackles per game. It is a big 7.1, the most in La Liga and indicative of his ability to recover possession.

Conclusion? He carried an entire defence, much like Kos a lot of the time, the stats don't lie.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9779
Valencias defence isn't ****. Gaya, Cancelo, Abdennour and Mustafi is actually a more than capable defence.

Latest