The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazza ma razza
Just want to double check something - A2 and AS levels right, on the cv do we have to list all the grades achieved at both levels (Asking as i am a line over; need to save a line somewhere to keep it to a page aha)

ie the standard 3 A2 results on a seperate line above 4 AS results
- A2 Levels: AAA (f.maths, maths, econ)
- AS Levels: AAAA (German, maths, f.maths, econ)

or can we do a single line like
- A Levels: AAAa (maths, further Maths, Econ, German)

(not my actual results btw)

last one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

(Y) many thanks :smile:
Original post by Yua
are you studying btec finance at uni?

haha, very funny. :colonhash:
???*

If you're a second year UK student, you should have a grade (1st, 2:1, 2:2..) from last year..*

It says I got a distinction on my transcript so do I put Pass with distinction or 1st.
Original post by xhoixxx21
It says I got a distinction on my transcript so do I put Pass with distinction or 1st.

A pass with distinction is what a masters student would put.. A bachelors student should have a class of honours (1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc).

So I have no idea.. What are you studying currently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the UCAS points part of the CS app "how many UCAS points did you achieve in your first sitting, excluding general studies" do we include AS exams in this too? Or just top 3 a-levels?
beginning of the best cover letter (sounded better in my head)...

Dear Sir / Madam,

MY NAME JEFF
A pass with distinction is what a masters student would put.. A bachelors student should have a class of honours (1st, 2:1, 2:2 etc).

So I have no idea.. What are you studying currently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economics
what would you put?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xhoixxx21
Economics

No idea mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazza ma razza
beginning of the best cover letter (sounded better in my head)...

Dear Sir / Madam,

MY NAME JEFF

Lol i actually laughed for a good 5 seconds. Gr8 bantz. Check your pm inbox btw :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys know where I can practice numerical tests similar to those that banks use? Both free and non.

Thanks.
Original post by Adrono
You guys know where I can practice numerical tests similar to those that banks use? Both free and non.

Thanks.

assessment day, jobtestprep, graduates first.. providers themselves.. the rest: Google is your friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 512
Original post by AspiringBanker
For the UCAS points part of the CS app "how many UCAS points did you achieve in your first sitting, excluding general studies" do we include AS exams in this too? Or just top 3 a-levels?

I think your final A2 and best 3. Cause in JP app it has up to high 400's i think so if you include as's it might go up to like 500/600 lol.
Original post by Rkai01
I think your final A2 and best 3. Cause in JP app it has up to high 400's i think so if you include as's it might go up to like 500/600 lol.

Apps have the option to do 600+, impossible to achieve with top 3
Original post by The Clockwork Apple

I presume that's for the lunatics that do four or five A2s

Yeah, for those, I'd imagine people would include dropped AS and extra A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 516

Oh crap so they'll think I got 0 on as's then or if they don't check my grades then they'll think I'm a very very very optimistic/stupid person lol
Hey Guys I am a second year applying for IB SWs and some finance summers eg Jeffreys, M&G etc what is the best time to send off your applications, since I have a lot of Cover Letters and competency questions ready and they just need some polishing up before sending off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys,

I am a second year applying for IB Spring weeks and some other finance summers eg jeffreys, M&G etc

What would be the best time to send off the applications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Please excuse that i seem to be doing the thread so late; although i have been silently peeking from the very beginning.

Thank you prince for your ever so helpful responses, they came in handy for me as well.

However, i have one small concern lingering in my head that i wish to clarify.

I really do not know how cringe this is, but does it matter if you are not at a top non-russell group uni? (i.e. not Bath, Surrey etc)?
Do these things really matter or do they consider applications on an individual basis?

Latest

Trending

Trending