The Student Room Group

Compelling personal circumstances

Basically I did one term of my second year in the year 14/15 before having my daughter in the January, as a result I withdrew from my studies.

I returned this year 15/16 and think I've failed the second year due to bad time management with a baby and my daughter wasn't in nursery (we have one lined up for this year though!)

If I was to retake the second year would I be funded as having a baby I'd say are compelling personal circumstances as to why I withdrew?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having a baby isn't a good enough reason.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag

well I guess I won't be completing uni then! Thanks for getting back to me! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by AnnaR11
well I guess I won't be completing uni then! Thanks for getting back to me! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Must admit, I think you could make a sound case for CPR if you could get your GP to back you up. Motherhood isn't straightforward and some people can handle it alongside study. Some can't. From your other post, you have also been battling Post-Natal Depression, which is definitely a health issue beyond your control.

It's worth a call to Student Finance to see whether your situation would automatically exclude you from claiming CPR. Make sure they know about the PND. My feeling is that you'll be in with a very decent chance.

You don't have your results - don't give up yet. You've come so far in the last year.*
Reply 4
Original post by Klix88
Must admit, I think you could make a sound case for CPR if you could get your GP to back you up. Motherhood isn't straightforward and some people can handle it alongside study. Some can't. From your other post, you have also been battling Post-Natal Depression, which is definitely a health issue beyond your control.

It's worth a call to Student Finance to see whether your situation would automatically exclude you from claiming CPR. Make sure they know about the PND. My feeling is that you'll be in with a very decent chance.

You don't have your results - don't give up yet. You've come so far in the last year.*

Thanks for the positivity! I really appreciate it x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag

Just to make you aware me having a baby in term time was accepted as CPR, just letting you know for future reference if you advise anyone else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnaR11
Just to make you aware me having a baby in term time was accepted as CPR, just letting you know for future reference if you advise anyone else :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's got to be far more to it though than just having a baby.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending