The Student Room Group

Maths exam remark?

So i just found out from my head of maths that I was 5 marks off a C on the paper i got 65 when the pass mark was 70. I have previously retaken maths already twice and this was the third time. She said to me its unlikely there wll be 5 marks found and it would be rather pointless.

Should I still go ahead and get it remarked or leave it.
Original post by choco_monsterxo
So i just found out from my head of maths that I was 5 marks off a C on the paper i got 65 when the pass mark was 70. I have previously retaken maths already twice and this was the third time. She said to me its unlikely there wll be 5 marks found and it would be rather pointless.

I agree with your teacher - it is unlikely for marks to change in Maths, sadly. Not impossible, but very unlikely.
Original post by usycool1
I agree with your teacher - it is unlikely for marks to change in Maths, sadly. Not impossible, but very unlikely.

how many marks off would they consider a remark for maths?
how many marks off would they consider a remark for maths?

Any number of marks - the call is with you.
Original post by usycool1
Any number of marks - the call is with you.

but it would be silly right now to call for a remark since it was 5 off right? thanks though
Reply 5
but it would be silly right now to call for a remark since it was 5 off right? thanks though

Personally I wouldn't get a remark in any maths exam since the likelihood of more marks being given is quite slim. As others have said, it's entirely up to you! Good luck whatever your decision is :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.
They will not find5 marks.
I think you were give good advice. Retake exam, don't waste money on remarking.
I did math this year too, got 89/200; so happy I got solid C.I wanted B; bur found 2nd paper too hard for me...

QUOTE=choco_monsterxo;67235252]So i just found out from my head of maths that I was 5 marks off a C on the paper i got 65 when the pass mark was 70. I have previously retaken maths already twice and this was the third time. She said to me its unlikely there wll be 5 marks found and it would be rather pointless.

Reply 7
I wouldn't dismiss the idea. I did my maths exam early, and ended up with 1 mark off an A*, but my teacher put it in for a remark because he said I didn't have anything to lose, and it went up by 3 marks, so while it is unlikely that your grade will go up, it's not impossible.
Original post by Jxsiahhh
I wouldn't dismiss the idea. I did my maths exam early, and ended up with 1 mark off an A*, but my teacher put it in for a remark because he said I didn't have anything to lose, and it went up by 3 marks, so while it is unlikely that your grade will go up, it's not impossible.

thing is, i didnt even answer every single question on the paper so although the idea of getting it remarked has occured, im not sure as to what they'd look at
Reply 9
Hi I'm wondering what the point 40 means on the results day paper means for Maths? Because I got a C and that was point 40 and my friend who got a B was point 46. What does this mean? And I would go for a remark if it was 4ish marks away. Decision is yours though

Quick Reply

Latest