The Student Room Group

Journey to becoming a physicist - year 11

Scroll to see replies

:biggrin:lebron james
Reply 201
So year 11 has now officially come to an end and I have just received my GCSE grades back! I'll list them here and tell you how I feel:

Maths - A*
English - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Geography - A*
French - A*
R.S - A*
P.E - A
Additional Maths - A

So overall I'm pretty happy! Although I wanted an A* in English and pe, I am still extremEly happy; the hard work paid off! :smile:
Original post by kennethdcharles
So year 11 has now officially come to an end and I have just received my GCSE grades back! I'll list them here and tell you how I feel:

Maths - A*
English - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Geography - A*
French - A*
R.S - A*
P.E - A
Additional Maths - A

So overall I'm pretty happy! Although I wanted an A* in English and pe, I am still extremEly happy; the hard work paid off! :smile:

Wow, congratulations!!! :smile: Hopefully I can do as well as you did next year

Maths - A*
English - A
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Geography - A*
French - A*
R.S - A*
P.E - A
Additional Maths - A

A step closer to your dream! Haven't been on this thread for a while, haha. I just got my results and I got 10 A*s - looks like we both did really well. Fingers crossed we'll both get to Oxford to study what we want!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 204
Original post by Daydreamer3
Wow, congratulations!!! :smile: Hopefully I can do as well as you did next year

Thank you! And you certainly can, if you put the work in and take yourself serioulsy you will definitely be able to achieve my grades or even better. Feel free to ask me for any help at any time (PM).
Original post by Aamna-
A step closer to your dream! Haven't been on this thread for a while, haha. I just got my results and I got 10 A*s - looks like we both did really well. Fingers crossed we'll both get to Oxford to study what we want!

Posted from TSR Mobile
congratulations! I hope we see each other one day at Oxford :smile:
Reply 205
So that is year 11 done for me so my posts on this thread will end. I eilk definitely bedoimg a GYG thread in year 12 which will be my part 2 of my journey to becoming a physicist so watch out for that! Thanks!

So that is year 11 done for me so my posts on this thread will end. I eilk definitely bedoimg a GYG thread in year 12 which will be my part 2 of my journey to becoming a physicist so watch out for that! Thanks!

Did better than I did at GCSE!
Oooh congrats on your GCSE results!!!
I can't wait to see your year 12 GYG thread. :smile:
Reply 208
Original post by richpanda
Did better than I did at GCSE!

Haha i still aspire to follow in your footsteps! Cheers mate !
Reply 209
Original post by Pentaquark
Oooh congrats on your GCSE results!!!
I can't wait to see your year 12 GYG thread. :smile:

Thank you so much! Good luck in year 13!! 😊
Thank you! And you certainly can, if you put the work in and take yourself serioulsy you will definitely be able to achieve my grades or even better. Feel free to ask me for any help at any time (PM).
congratulations! I hope we see each other one day at Oxford :smile:

Hi, do you know perhaps any youtube channels or websites that were useful when revising for the sciences? :smile: Or maybe even maths
Reply 211
Original post by Daydreamer3
Hi, do you know perhaps any youtube channels or websites that were useful when revising for the sciences? :smile: Or maybe even maths

Hey, in all honesty I did not use youtube a lot for revision. In terms of websites I would recommend BBC bitesize. In my opinion, however, the best revision source for sciences is the cgp revision guides and I'm sure the vast majority of people on tsr would agree with me. They have all you need!
Hey, in all honesty I did not use youtube a lot for revision. In terms of websites I would recommend BBC bitesize. In my opinion, however, the best revision source for sciences is the cgp revision guides and I'm sure the vast majority of people on tsr would agree with me. They have all you need!

Ok thank you, I will get the CGP one for the P7, B7 and C7 since I already have one for the others :/ :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending