The Student Room Group

Have your parents given you any money for doing well?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jordanshelley97
£1000 :colondollar: This is for A-levels though. I didn't get much for GCSE

I mean yeah my A-level results were great but I never expected that
I guess its also because my maintenance loan isn't even enough to cover my accommodation cost (I get 3.8k a year when my accommodation costs 5.8k), so frankly I would be in debt before I even got to uni otherwise :biggrin:

Wow! What A level grades did you get?
A = £5 A* = £10

I got £60 :3 gonna buy me a laptop
Nope... In fact, I've spent every last penny of my birthday money on study guides, revision guides and school supplies. :h:
No, but they're good to me all the same.

I will reward my children for effort rather than achievement so they don't turn into arrogant burn-outs for jumping through a bunch of hoops.
My rewards were that I didn't get kicked out
I only received taunts for my 6B's and 4C's as parents wanted A*/A grades.
A meal out regardless of the grades.
i got £20 from my grandma for getting into uni but i wasn't rewarded for GCSES (but tbf my gcse grades were rubbish :frown: )
Original post by Tinka99
I only received taunts for my 6B's and 4C's as parents wanted A*/A grades.

lol same i didn't get a single A or A*. I brought shame upon my family :frown:
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
Nope... In fact, I've spent every last penny of my birthday money on study guides, revision guides and school supplies.
You need to edit something on CTAM please do so.
For GCSE's I got £500 cash. For A levels I got a post card.
Original post by OwlOfFire
Wow! What A level grades did you get?

2A* and 1A and the A was 2 marks away from A* which I'm gutted about, but still super happy with the result :biggrin:
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
lol same i didn't get a single A or A*. I brought shame upon my family :frown:

What did you get?
Forget my parents giving me, I gave my dad 100 quid instead 😂
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Forget my parents giving me, I gave my dad 100 quid instead 😂

loool why?
Original post by CR7_
I have £250 but only because I got into my Sixth Form that required high grades that I never expected.

I was in hospital for 6 months, came back a couple weeks before exams started, missed most of my education in year 10 and 11.
I came out with 1 A*, 5 A's and a C.. I wasn't even expecting to come out of hospital until around October.
I got a fish and chips lol.
(really need a new phone now, i have a broken iPhone 4 from 2010.. mum said no) #latinparenting
Reply 36
Yeah, I got £200 for my 1A* and 8A's at GCSE last year but nothing for my AS (ABBB) or for my 2B's at GCSE, I only got things for A/A*'s because it was meant to motivate me to go well
Reply 37
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Wait what? People are actually rewarded with presents and money for getting good grades? All I got was a "well done" from my mum

Original post by SGHD26716
I always recieve a "what about the 2% of marks you lost"

At least you guys received a comment. My parents always remain silent lol.
I'm considered lucky as my mum said I would get £10 per C and £20 per B and so on . I got 4B and 7C grades . I'm happy and I had no pressure as my mum said she would be proud of me regardless so I didn't revise and got above my target for everything as I was predicted D grades from ks2 results. So my teachers were happy , my mum was happy and most of all I was happy yay
Reply 39
After my GSCEs my parents asked me if I wanted anything so I asked for a camera because our family one was rubbish and I needed one for art next year :smile: Then for finishing my IB (yeah not Alevels haha) they paid for my flights and accommodation for my grad trip (but that was also my birthday present).

I think I got it lucky though half our school every year crys when they get their gsces, this year a girl only got 7a* and she spent the day crying because she was a disappointment :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest