The Student Room Group

Brexit causes surge in unemployment...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Looking at the economy and the EU's effect on employment I'd say the issue existed before and likely after and separately from the EU anyway.

At least we're shot of it's detrimental effects on employment though in the long term.

You should read the whole post, unemployment dropped for April-June and JSA down in July.

The title was actually sarcasm.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CherishFreedom
I suggest you re-read this thread, the OP actually did not claim that Brexit caused a rise of employment. The drop in unemployment was mostly for pre-referendum period but JSA figure was for July.

Here are a few recent updates for July:

JSA down
UK consumer spending up
Retail sales up
Tourists up
House sales steady
Credit card spending unchanged
UK car manufacturing up

If Brexit ever happens, provide me similar statements 5 months after Brexit. It will not be the same story.

Brexit hasn't happened, so none of these things are important, and using them as an example of 'economists being wrong about Brexit' is insane.
Original post by alevelstresss
If Brexit ever happens, provide me similar statements 5 months after Brexit. It will not be the same story.

Brexit hasn't happened, so none of these things are important, and using them as an example of 'economists being wrong about Brexit' is insane.

In your stress it seems you forgot what we were being told, the effects were supposed to be immediately post vote, not even waiting for article 50! But then again the lines trotted out were the standard lines used that were wrong every single time before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
In your stress it seems you forgot what we were being told, the effects were supposed to be immediately post vote, not even waiting for article 50! But then again the lines trotted out were the standard lines used that were wrong every single time before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you admit you played yourself. "But WE WERE TOLD THIS BLAH BLA BLA" lol
At least you admit you played yourself. "But WE WERE TOLD THIS BLAH BLA BLA" lol

What? Do you not understand sarcasm or am I missing something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What? Do you not understand sarcasm or am I missing something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its a strange world where the sarcasm of a Brexiter is actually the reality of the situation, lmao
Its a strange world where the sarcasm of a Brexiter is actually the reality of the situation, lmao

You mean the surge in unemployment there is no sign of, or do you have official statistics before they're even compiled and released, or did your mate Bob lose his job after the vote because he spent too much time jerking off and not enough working?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You mean the surge in unemployment there is no sign of, or do you have official statistics before they're even compiled and released, or did your mate Bob lose his job after the vote because he spent too much time jerking off and not enough working?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol what?

And its lunacy to say that Brexit has caused a decrease in unemployment, when Brexit hasn't even happened. Lmfao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending