The Student Room Group

Do I stand a chance for doing dentistry in the future with these GCSE grades?

French- A*
Spanish- A*
Maths- A*
Chemistry- A*
Physics- A
Biology- A
DT- A
Geography- B
English Language- B
English Literature- B

I could do with some advice...:s-smilie::redface:
To be honest with you, not much employers/ unis look at your gcse grades. Ill use my brother as an example - he failed all of his gcses in high school apart from maths. he then had to resit english at college and learn how to properly speak english which took him another year. right now he's finishing his 3rd year in one of the best universities in the UK and becoming an engineer. so everything is possible, and most universities look more at your grades in college more than high school. Anyway, your grades are great anyway so i dont see why you're stressed about that :smile: :*
Reply 2
Original post by Malishaxx
To be honest with you, not much employers/ unis look at your gcse grades. Ill use my brother as an example - he failed all of his gcses in high school apart from maths. he then had to resit english at college and learn how to properly speak english which took him another year. right now he's finishing his 3rd year in one of the best universities in the UK and becoming an engineer. so everything is possible, and most universities look more at your grades in college more than high school. Anyway, your grades are great anyway so i dont see why you're stressed about that :smile: :*

Thanks for the tip man, i just want to achieve my goal:colondollar:. And yes it is the A-Levels that count !!
From what I can see, you should be fine, though they usually tend to prefer English Language offered at least at an A grade. It varies between unis, but the rest of your grades are completely fine c:
Reply 4
Original post by GetOverHere
From what I can see, you should be fine, though they usually tend to prefer English Language offered at least at an A grade. It varies between unis, but the rest of your grades are completely fine c:

I've had a look at the unis in the uk and only 4 of them do not meet what i got in terms of English and the number of A's required , but hopefully i have got some options. Thanks
Original post by JSC16
I've had a look at the unis in the uk and only 4 of them do not meet what i got in terms of English and the number of A's required , but hopefully i have got some options. Thanks

I was just speaking from my own experience haha. You're welcome though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest