The Student Room Group

Can I do A-levels with only 2 GCSE?

Hi!

Is it possible for me to do A-levels with only Maths C and English D? I wasn't the brightest student when I came to England around 5years ago at the end of year 10. I'm 19years old now, I was studying Animal Care level 2 at college but it wasn't what I expected so I didn't continue it. I didn't knew what to do so I wasted a year at home playing games and few days ago I realised that I can't waste my life like that and I decided to study something and Mechanical Engineering got my attention but to study it I need to do Maths, Physics and Further Maths, is it possible for me to get to those A-levels with what I've got? Thanks for any info!
Original post by lecramm
Hi!

Is it possible for me to do A-levels with only Maths C and English D? I wasn't the brightest student when I came to England around 5years ago at the end of year 10. I'm 19years old now, I was studying Animal Care level 2 at college but it wasn't what I expected so I didn't continue it. I didn't knew what to do so I wasted a year at home playing games and few days ago I realised that I can't waste my life like that and I decided to study something and Mechanical Engineering got my attention but to study it I need to do Maths, Physics and Further Maths, is it possible for me to get to those A-levels with what I've got? Thanks for any info!

This is a duplicate thread of http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4283118&p=67242622
Original post by lecramm
Hi!

well technically you only passed maths because, in English they require a grade C :redface: maybe ask your teachers and see what options are available for you :h:
Reply 3

sorry, I'm new here, probably posted it twice :v
Reply 4
Original post by fatima1998
well technically you only passed maths because, in English they require a grade C :redface: maybe ask your teachers and see what options are available for you :h:

oh I see, thanks :smile:
Reply 5
I advise you retake your gsces
Reply 6
Original post by Pudge666
I advise you retake your gsces

Do I need to go college or I can study at home and just sign for exam and do it?

Quick Reply

Latest