The Student Room Group

What would be your reaction if your son came out as gay?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kazuhira
I would be like

YEEEEEEET

then I would cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would also cry if I were your child (yeeeeeeet)

best
Original post by In Uranus

Spoiler

Same ^
Son: I'm gay...
Me: Hi Gay, im Dad
Original post by The_Opinion
There is no gay gene, no child is born gay.

It is possibly to "design" a baby to have brown hair, green eyes etc., it is not possible to design that baby to be gay. I have no idea why you are yapping on about therapy.

The actual answer is "we're not sure yet"

I prefer Walkers prawn cocktail, but my sister likes salt and vinegar. Should I make her go to conversion therapy? Would it make sense? No. There's nothing wrong with liking salt and vinegar.
Original post by #ChaosKass
I'd be deeply disappointed, as if I have children I shall bring them up to live a proper conservative Christian lifestyle based around morals, values, loyalty, dignity, and courage.

As the Bible says, homosexuality is a sin and so my first port of call would be conversion therapy, if that doesn't work then who knows. I wouldn't go as far as disowning them but I'd deeply discourage them from partaking in any homosexual behaviour and would make sure they keep their sexuality to themselves.

Times have changed you should never discourage a child from being them self even if you don't approve of there ways
I would talk to him seriously about his decision. I don't support homos (sorry homos, that's just me)
I'd be like "cool" and then get back to what I'm doing
Original post by Tamuna10
I would talk to him seriously about his decision. I don't support homos (sorry homos, that's just me)

It's not a decision. It'd be his sexuality, and he can't change it.
Original post by AngryRedhead
I'm a strong Christian and even I think some of your post is foolish, no offense. You can't change a biological trait.

Homosexuality isn't biological. It comes from mind. A very few are born with that disease
Original post by _gcx
It's not a decision. It'd be his sexuality, and he can't change it.

it is exactly a decision. Very few, 1 out of 5mil are actually born with biological disease like that. Other cases are completely mental
Homosexuality isn't biological. It comes from mind. A very few are born with that disease

Why do you think it's a disease? Do you know that many, many, many other animals exhibit homosexuality, other than humans?
it is exactly a decision. Very few, 1 out of 5mil are actually born with biological disease like that. Other cases are completely mental

Where are you getting this "data" from?
Original post by _gcx
Why do you think it's a disease? Do you know that many, many, many other animals exhibit homosexuality, other than humans?

First - human is no animal. It's a superior being but inferior to other beings we don't know yet but can sense.

second - animals aren't homosexual, they just have a special instinct to protect little cubs. If you place two male lions in a cage together with a cub, they will take care of it. It doesn't mean they're homo, it means they're sane.

third - I assume you haven't heard about Overtone's Window. Look it up. It shows that even cannibalism can be justified and counted normal if authorities and politicians act properly.

fourth - homosexuality was developed to stop humans from bearing too many children, but as gay start having children with women still and then raise them with men, authorities will start developing a plan to stop gay propaganda - a failed project.
Good for you I reckon, what's the issue with it?
I'd be surprised if I hadn't already suspected - when my nephew brought his first boyfriend home it was no surprise to any of us, even though he had had a couple of girlfriends - but I don't see it as an issue. I'd upset if any of my kids got religion but ultimately even that is their choice.
Original post by _gcx
Where are you getting this "data" from?

it's approximate
Reply 76
To be completely honest I would be mortified, especially if he wasan only child. I don'twant to see my family blood line and my faamilies name snuffed out.
First - human is no animal. It's a superior being but inferior to other beings we don't know yet but can sense.

Compares a human's eye to an eagle's eye. The eagle has a far superior eye. Clearly humans are not superior in all respects.

second - animals aren't homosexual, they just have a special instinct to protect little cubs. If you place two male lions in a cage together with a cub, they will take care of it. It doesn't mean they're homo, it means they're sane.

What a load of rubbish. Bonobos are one of our closest relatives in the animal kingdom and also one of the most intelligent. Scientists have observed bonobos in their natural habitat in bonobo communities and have documented countless examples of homoerotic behaviour being displayed by bonobos. Mutual masturbation among male bonobos for example is very common.

fourth - homosexuality was developed to stop humans from bearing too many children, but as gay start having children with women still and then raise them with men, authorities will start developing a plan to stop gay propaganda - a failed project.

I don't know where you got this conspiracy theory from. Scientists have proposed the Gay Uncle theory to explain a possible (though yet unknown) genetic cause behind homosexuality. A gay uncle would help their sister with the parenting of their child would help to increase the chance of the child surviving and passing on their genes.

Original post by #ChaosKass
I'd be deeply disappointed, as if I have children I shall bring them up to live a proper conservative Christian lifestyle based around morals, values, loyalty, dignity, and courage.

As the Bible says, homosexuality is a sin and so my first port of call would be conversion therapy, if that doesn't work then who knows. I wouldn't go as far as disowning them but I'd deeply discourage them from partaking in any homosexual behaviour and would make sure they keep their sexuality to themselves.

Ah, so you would opt for child abuse? Maybe you should focus on sorting out your own morals first.
(edited 7 years ago)

third - I assume you haven't heard about Overtone's Window. Look it up. It shows that even cannibalism can be justified and counted normal if authorities and politicians act properly.

A human is a mammal, and therefore is an animal. I'm really getting a radical Christian vibe from you now.

Explain homosexual relationships between dogs, cats, gorillas, the list is literally endless. I'm not talking about cubs, I'm talking about sexual attraction and interaction between animals of the same sex. It happens. Anal sex between animals of the same gender, mutual masturbation, oral sex between animals of the same gender. The list goes on, as the previous poster stated.

I have no words for that. I have literally zero idea of what you're trying to imply at the moment.

Oh god, I think my sides have split. So how do you propose homosexuality was "developed"? It sounds more like a tin foil hat theory than a rational argument. You seemed to have a very altered perception of reality, and I'm beginning to suspect you're trolling. Define "gay propaganda". I'm sure you'd feel differently if you were homosexual, and you saw people making laughable statements such as yours. The government is not plotting against you, and they do not have mind control powers like you are inferring. That is just ridiculous.

it's approximate

So... you made it up? Thought so.
(edited 7 years ago)
I swear the next question, in this series you've got going on, is going to be 'What if your son came out as a furry?'

And, in answer to your question, I'd support them whatever.

Quick Reply