The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Litts
You completely confused me.

Why did you even post the document if it's not been sent to you on civil service jobs?

I thought that too; why post it?
Original post by lawgrad13
For the HO June vacancy, I have just checked the civil service jobs portal and although my interview scores have not been added yet, under the overall rating tab it says 'Make an Offer'

Does this mean I've got the job? Anyone else got the same?

Yes I've just checked mine and it says the same. I've got scores of 5, 6, 6. Although this means nothing. A couple of weeks ago I received a provisional offer from the reserve list for the September 2015 campaign, immediately accepted and yesterday received an email saying that as I did not accept the offer it has been withdrawn! I won't believe anything until I receive my first pay from HMRC!
I have received a score of 5, 6, 6 on the sift feedback, which then also states 'Make an Offer'. Although having read this forum I feel my sift scores are good, I have taken this with a pinch of salt as I'm sure the 'make an offer' statement is reference to them offering me an interview - which I attended on 01.08.2016. My interview feedback still states 'awaiting review'.From looking back at older forums, it looks as though it can be weeks before you know whether you have been offered the job, and even then that is only a conditional offer subject to you passing the relevant pre-employment checks. My guess is that it will be another 1-3 week, taking us to mid-September, before we know whether we have a conditional offer or not.Best of luck guys!!
Reply 903
Original post by simplymekaty
This was my response on my feedback page. 4 and 6 are my interview competency scores (interviewed on 28/07/16 in Nottingham) not the original sift so I think these have been entered in the wrong space but the Overall rating now states 'make an offer'

Hopefully everything is correct score and offer wise for you :-)
Strange how the scores have been put in the sift feedback section and only making effective decisions is named.

They should be in the interview section (I am an existing civil servant so have compared to my last job offer)

I stand by my earlier comment that someone's made a balls up though.

The interviewer provides the scores and decision to civil service resourcing (CSR). CSR receive all the scores and decisions and then match them up to positions. Once everything is sorted, CSR push a metaphorical button and it sends all of the results out at the same time.

This clearly hasn't happened in this case.Providing your scores are correct, you should have the job though :-)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Litts

Why did you even post the document if it's not been sent to you on civil service jobs?

To make sense of why the 'Make an offer' is there.
Does any body know if HMRC honour pre booked holidays during training periods or if it is possible to defer start dates?
Original post by Litts

Original post by TSRGooner

But that doesn't help make sense of it. It's just a random piece of information.
Original post by shahima589
Does any body know if HMRC honour pre booked holidays during training periods or if it is possible to defer start dates?

They will honour it.
Isn't 'make an offer' a direction from HMRC to CS Resourcing? CSR are the ones who send out the initial emails to tell you if you're successful. I imagine results will be released next week now anyway if the majority of scores have been compiled so not long to wait to find out for sure. A colleague of mine scored 445 and has 'make an offer' for Manchester. I scored 544 on the previous campaign and was offered the role in Leeds.
Thanks for the reply. Im getting married abroa in december therefore need 5 weeks off as everything is pre booked already. I am worried that they will not honour the full 5 weeks.
Any body know if this is common?? Or possibly defer the start date??
Thanks for the reply. Im getting married abroa in december therefore need 5 weeks off as everything is pre booked already. I am worried that they will not honour the full 5 weeks.

It's usual that a new employer will honour pre booked holidays - did they not ask you about the pre booked holiday in your interview? They asked me.

When you're given your start date you're able to negotiate it with the recruitment team if it doesn't suit you but they would normally honour any pre booked leave. If it's in a training period it's likely you would have to make that time up yourself by working longer days to catch up on what you missed.

One problem you'll have is that you'll only be given 11 days annual leave for your first six months of service so you're probably going to have to take 3 weeks of unpaid leave if you're off for 5 weeks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by pukahontas
When you're given your start date you're able to negotiate it with the recruitment team if it doesn't suit you but they would normally honour any pre booked leave. If it's in a training period it's likely you would have to make that time up yourself by working longer days to catch up on what you missed.

One problem you'll have is that you'll only be given 11 days annual leave for your first six months of service so you're probably going to have to take 3 weeks of unpaid leave if you're off for 5 weeks.

Where are you getting any of this information??

You are given access to your full annual leave once you start. However, you are best to ask for a deferred start date because the tutorials and face to face learning is something they are pretty strict on you not missing. 5 weeks is a really long time lol!

There's been plenty of people who have deferred their start date though so don't worry :-)
TraineeAcc or pukahontas- can you advise when the leave year runs to/from? Is it calendar year/financial year/something else?

Ta!
Original post by Doll Parts
TraineeAcc or pukahontas- can you advise when the leave year runs to/from? Is it calendar year/financial year/something else?

Ta!

Your annual leave year runs from the date you start. Mine was July - June because I started in July last year. It's good that way.
Original post by TraineeAcc
Your annual leave year runs from the date you start. Mine was July - June because I started in July last year. It's good that way.

That is good! Thanks TraineeAcc 😊
Original post by TraineeAcc
Where are you getting any of this information??

Just my experiences of having worked for several civil service departments including most recently joining HMRC in June. I'm in PT Operations in Salford who have recently taken on around 70-80 staff who have all had to go through a 3/4 week training period with another couple of weeks of consolidation and all leave has been honoured regardless of how long it is. One chap had a three week holiday booked to start half way through his training and it's been honoured. Anyone who has taken leave during this time has to make it up on returning by working longer days.

Also I had a formal offer for HO caseworker a couple of months back and whilst the offer letter states a provisional start date it also mentions to contact them if you need to defer or change your start date.
Reply 919
Original post by Doll Parts
Have they told you how the training is structured yet? I just want to understand if Annual Leave has to be booked at specific times around training/tutorials etc.

They're going to think I'm a right one, wanting to book leave as soon as I get there :colondollar:

I leave my current job on Thursday; scared now, it all feels too fast and too vague!

Congrats getting an offer, I started in Cardiff, from the March interview, last week and on my second day informed the hmrc manager i had a pre booked holiday - they were fine about it :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending