The Student Room Group

Chemistry or Physics A level

i got an A in chem, A* in Physics but I was capable of an A* in Chemistry

Planning to do Chem atm but not sure whether to change
I dont really know what i want to do in the future but something in the science/forensics route

I choose Chem because I think it can open more doors to courses for me and if I decide I want to do medicine or something like that i can do it but I do like Physics however, everyone tells me that physics a level is super hard.

Im currently doing biology, chemistry, maths and psychology and the only one i think i would change would be psychology dont feel like changing to do 3 sciences cos i dont think i can do that so im thinking either physics or chemistry

any advice??
Reply 1
hellppp meeeee
Original post by rihana.c
i got an A in chem, A* in Physics but I was capable of an A* in Chemistry

Planning to do Chem atm but not sure whether to change
I dont really know what i want to do in the future but something in the science/forensics route

I choose Chem because I think it can open more doors to courses for me and if I decide I want to do medicine or something like that i can do it but I do like Physics however, everyone tells me that physics a level is super hard.

Im currently doing biology, chemistry, maths and psychology and the only one i think i would change would be psychology dont feel like changing to do 3 sciences cos i dont think i can do that so im thinking either physics or chemistry

any advice??

Chemistry goes well with biology, and would allow you to do biochemistry type courses, and it is necessary for medicine. However, not doing physics would stop you from being able to do engineering or physics degrees- are you likely to want either of these or is it something you'd be happy to rule out? Bear in mind that you don't need psychology A-level for a psychology degree, so not doing psychology would allow you to keep your options more open. If you want to do it that's fine though.

I'd just do what you find the most interesting- perhaps look online at the early parts of the syllabus and decide that way. Either is very well respected.

Quick Reply

Latest