The Student Room Group

I don't know how anyone can eat meat :-(

Scroll to see replies

sorry that we are currently the top of the food chain. When the chickens finally rise up i guess we will be screwed
I eat as much meat as I feel like. If I had to eat a whole meal of meat I would love it, also, Pasta taste nice if not seasoned, or have you had plain bread for a meal? So many thinks taste nasty withiut seasoning, so that reasoning doesn't work.
Reply 42
Because I like meat. Sometimes I need meat. Especially considering I have low iron levels in my blood during certain times.

I'd go veggie for environmental reasons but, as heartless as this sounds, I don't care about abused chickens/cows/creatures. I never have, and though I'm not proud of this, I just believe there are more important matters to focus our outrage towards.

I completely respect vegetarians but I don't like those who try to get some moral high ground out of it - i.e. those who think less of me for eating meat-based meals.
I don't eat red meat for health reasons (still eat chicken/fish) but in all honesty as long as the animals aren't made to suffer then I have no moral problem whatsoever with eating meat. Things like factory farming should be illegal because the suffering caused is unnecessary, but if the animal has lived a happy life and is killed humanely then that's fine.

Meat tastes delicious and does have some useful substances inside, such as iron and protein. I could quite easily just eat a plate full of meat with nothing else on it if I wanted to - for my birthday once I had 4 steaks :colondollar:

I also don't understand vegans, beyond health reasons. Like seriously, how anyone could have a problem with eating eggs, cheese, milk etc I don't know. Most won't even wear leather! I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous!
Reply 44
Original post by plasmaman
Being a vegan is not saving the planet!

Becoming vegan is arguably the best thing someone can do to save the planet. We as a race are legit killing, and have been killing the planet for a long long long time.

You can google why it saves the planet, or just watch cowspiracy, that's centred around the planet more than the animals.
I think eating meat is understandable because of religion, people do really need and just cause they like it you know. but slaughtering animals for fun is disgusting and shouldn't be any kind of sport
Original post by Rirjfbfn
I eat as much meat as I feel like. If I had to eat a whole meal of meat I would love it, also, Pasta taste nice if not seasoned, or have you had plain bread for a meal? So many thinks taste nasty withiut seasoning, so that reasoning doesn't work.

Of course it was

You wouldn't eat meat raw, you wouldn't eat it without any seasoning.

I could eat plain bread and it wouldn't make me ill, nor would it make me gag. I could probably eat uncooked pasta and still not get food poisoning, that tells you something.
I'm eating a huge chicken salad right now

#rekt #savage
I'm not an overwhelmingly affectionate person. So eating meat doesn't affect me. I find it absurd that vegans can't even consume honey.
I read this after eating a load of bacon and looking forward to my chicken curry later
Original post by elen90
Because I like meat. Sometimes I need meat. Especially considering I have low iron levels in my blood during certain times.

I'd go veggie for environmental reasons but, as heartless as this sounds, I don't care about abused chickens/cows/creatures. I never have, and though I'm not proud of this, I just believe there are more important matters to focus our outrage towards.

I completely respect vegetarians but I don't like those who try to get some moral high ground out of it - i.e. those who think less of me for eating meat-based meals.

I have low iron too, I ate a lot of nuts/soya when I was vegetarian for 3 years. A lot of it, and a lot of fruits, it helped. At times (after heavy periods) I would take vitamins or iron tablets. You don't need meat to fix low iron levels.

It is heartless, and very cruel. The excuse that there are more important things to worry about is just very pretentious, and as someone else stated already it's not like it takes huge amounts to time, effort or money to be vegan anyway.

I don't respect your choices, I didn't respect mine when I ate meat so I'm sorry. But I also don't think I'm a saint for not eating meat for 3 years, or not eating dairy/meat now. But just someone who is making the right choice.
oh ffs not another one of them
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Of course it was

You wouldn't eat meat raw, you wouldn't eat it without any seasoning.

I could eat plain bread and it wouldn't make me ill, nor would it make me gag. I could probably eat uncooked pasta and still not get food poisoning, that tells you something.
What are you on about of course you can eat meat without seasoning, I do it every day. And obviously you wouldn't eat it raw you'd be ill lol, how is cooking something horrible for the already dead animal?:colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
lol
Reply 54
Original post by ColossalAtom
I find it absurd that vegans can't even consume honey.

See that's an odd one, some vegans I know consume honey, some don't.
It just comes down to the cruelty placed on the queen bee and how much one actually cares about that.
Usually a queen bee gets its wings clipped so all the other bees stay with the queen. The vast majority of bees however aren't treated cruelly.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Dairy is the hardest because it feels like it is in everything.

But meh, I will literally stop drinking tea or eating cereal if I can't find a good vegan alternative. It's honestly just so not worth it. It's so, so, so not worth it and I can't believe it took me this long to realise it.

You can drink herbal teas or something. And I've only found one shop in Central London that does red velvet cake vegan. Can't wait to order the cookbook.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Overrated as hell. Marmite and cheese is better.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Rep whore
there's nothing to get, though. people eat meat. they always have done and always will.

Quick Reply

Latest