The Student Room Group

A level psychology

Hi I'm taking a level psychology and wondering if anyone can help me with learning it:smile: I would also like to love if people could send me notes and revision documents that they used!

Any tips and advice for psychology will be much appreciated!

I really want to get top grades now because I didn't in Gcses and I want to show everyone that I am capable and good at something!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jodie_mort
Hi I'm taking a level psychology and wondering if anyone can help me with learning it:smile: I would also like to love if people could send me notes and revision documents that they used!

Any tips and advice for psychology will be much appreciated!

I really want to get top grades now because I didn't in Gcses and I want to show everyone that I am capable and good at something!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board are you doing? I'm going onto AQA A2 new specification in September and could be some help if you have any questions :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LDS16
Hey, I probably won't be much help now, but I'm starting psychology in September. Which exam board are you doing? :smile:

I think it's AQA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by secretagent98
What exam board are you doing? I'm going onto AQA A2 new specification in September and could be some help if you have any questions :smile:

AQA I think, could you help me with AS please?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA I think, could you help me with AS please?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course I can, what would you like to know?
Reply 5
Of course I can, what would you like to know?

Everything really!😂 just need to learn the basics of everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everything really!😂 just need to learn the basics of everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! I would definitely get ahead whilst the work load is minimal because there is so much to learn in such little time. There a 7 sections each split up into 2 papers:
Paper 1: Social influence, memory and attachment
Paper 2: Approaches, biopsychology, psychopathology and research methods

For my revision I used resources from the old and new specification as they are quite similar, get revising has a lot of resources for this, but before you look check the specification on the AQA website so you aren't learning things you don't necessarily need. Simply psychology, technocrat notes, loopa are all excellent resources of revision that I used throughout my AS. I also purchased the CGP revision guides for the AQA new specification - useful revision notes!

I know your form of revision could be different to mine, but for me there are that many studies in psychology I couldn't possibly learn them all from long revision notes, so from my notes I condensed each study down into 10 key words and from them key words I could then remember key details from the study.

Any other questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 7
Haha! I would definitely get ahead whilst the work load is minimal because there is so much to learn in such little time. There a 7 sections each split up into 2 papers:
Paper 1: Social influence, memory and attachment
Paper 2: Approaches, biopsychology, psychopathology and research methods

For my revision I used resources from the old and new specification as they are quite similar, get revising has a lot of resources for this, but before you look check the specification on the AQA website so you aren't learning things you don't necessarily need. Simply psychology, technocrat notes, loopa are all excellent resources of revision that I used throughout my AS. I also purchased the CGP revision guides for the AQA new specification - useful revision notes!

I know your form of revision could be different to mine, but for me there are that many studies in psychology I couldn't possibly learn them all from long revision notes, so from my notes I condensed each study down into 10 key words and from them key words I could then remember key details from the study.

Any other questions feel free to ask :smile:

Oh wow this is great thank you!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow this is great thank you!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome! Anything else just ask :smile:
Hi , I just finished my A2 psychology and got overall an A which is an improvement from me from last year. However I was the last year to do the old spec, so I can give you some tips in general since the new spec is a bit different.

definitley use loopa- he has great resources - they are long but try and formulate into your own notes so you can understand better for yourself.

purchasing CGP is good - or even the A2 textbook to have at home, our teacher gave us a copy to take home- always read beforehand and Extra research is sooo vital for psychology especially if you dont like the study they give you! (that really helped me)

a good way to remember studies is to use acronyms or some way of remembering them easier, since there will be a lot to know for the exam

good luck tho!
Reply 10
Original post by Jennieee_
Hi , I just finished my A2 psychology and got overall an A which is an improvement from me from last year. However I was the last year to do the old spec, so I can give you some tips in general since the new spec is a bit different.

definitley use loopa- he has great resources - they are long but try and formulate into your own notes so you can understand better for yourself.

purchasing CGP is good - or even the A2 textbook to have at home, our teacher gave us a copy to take home- always read beforehand and Extra research is sooo vital for psychology especially if you dont like the study they give you! (that really helped me)

a good way to remember studies is to use acronyms or some way of remembering them easier, since there will be a lot to know for the exam

good luck tho!

Okay thank you for the advice!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Having finished psychology as an A level, I would recommend working hard from the beginning. It cements your basic knowledge and later on in the course, when links are being made to previous topics, it'll be easier for you!
Reply 13
Original post by thinkofthefuture
Having finished psychology as an A level, I would recommend working hard from the beginning. It cements your basic knowledge and later on in the course, when links are being made to previous topics, it'll be easier for you!

Okay thank you!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest