The Student Room Group

Starting A Levels

I'm about to start A Levels soon so I was wondering if there were any revision tips or advice you may have about coping with the work and exams. Thanks in advance! :h:
Original post by u.sha
I'm about to start A Levels soon so I was wondering if there were any revision tips or advice you may have about coping with the work and exams. Thanks in advance! :h:

What A-levels are you going to be studying? :h:

I would say in general, don't let work pile up. That's not to say start studying 5 hours a day from day 1, but keep on top of homework (it's not something you can pull together at the last minute and you gain no benefit from doing so, other than avoiding a telling off), make notes, practice questions (whether it's essay writing or shorter questions like you see in science etc), if you have coursework then try your best in it (study the theory around it before its set and try to get it out of the way as soon as possible) and be aware of things you can be doing for uni or whatever you want to study after eg going to public lectures, reading books about a particular subject, summer work experience etc. And it's okay to have fun, but that usually comes after studies :h:

Good luck! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest