The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Theo Walcott looking like the best RW we've had since Theo Walcott in 2012/13
Credit to Sanchez for that second goal, that's very difficult to control.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9802
Original post by swirly
Theo Walcott looking like the best RW we've had since Theo Walcott in 2012/13

Welbz is more effective on the right imo
Original post by SA-1
Welbz is more effective on the right imo

**** off u donut didn't even say thanks for the stream :huff:
Reply 9804
Title is ours boys :smile:
Original post by SA-1
Xhaka is ****ing class

Showed it vs Leicester too

Very very good buy

Because he can spread play like he does, Ramsey doesn't need to drop back as much so he can concentrate on attack. Ramsey will have a banging season

Yeah, in light of this I am wondering if we should go for James Rodriguez. I mean, I would, just because if you want to be a big club you should always be going in for that calibre of player if it improves the team especially in the Champions League.
Reply 9806
Original post by swirly
**** off u donut didn't even say thanks for the stream :huff:

Sky Sports 5?! :rofl:
Original post by SA-1
Sky Sports 5?! :rofl:

Yeah... what country is that actually showing in because on sky sports 5 UK it doesn't show live football right now lol
Reply 9808
Bellerin :love:
Lol, a better side would've killed us if we went 3-0 up and switched off
Superb first half. Everyone was good, but Xhaka Ozil and Alexis in particular were great. Ox and Walcott looking much better than they were last season. We always take our foot off the gas in the second half and let the other team get back into it though. Typical Wilsh on the pitch for 20 mins and gets a booking.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Reply 9811
Original post by James.Carnell
Yeah, in light of this I am wondering if we should go for James Rodriguez. I mean, I would, just because if you want to be a big club you should always be going in for that calibre of player if it improves the team especially in the Champions League.

I don't think we'll go for anyone else, if we sign someone for the RW then it'll essentially rule out Ox, Theo, Welbz and Iwobi.. which Wenger won't do.

Think we have a good team tbh, competition everywhere.. only concern is LB, hope Monreal isn't out
Reply 9812
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Superb first half. Everyone was good, but Xhaka Ozil and Alexis in particular were great. Ox and Walcott looking much better than they were last season. We always take our foot off the gas in the second half and let the other team get back into it though. Typical Wilsh on the pitch for 20 mins and gets a booking.

We should have had 5, Theo and Ox both with their miss placed chips (though Ox definitely should have passed)

We have a really **** habit of taking the foot off the pedal though
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
We should have had 5, Theo and Ox both with their missed place chips (though Ox definitely should have passed)

We have a really **** habit of taking the foot off the pedal though

Don't understand why we are always so bad in the 2nd half. Either go for the jugular and score 4 or 5, or the easier option the the sting out of the game completely and don't let the opposition get back into it.

Original post by SA-1
I don't think we'll go for anyone else, if we sign someone for the RW then it'll essentially rule out Ox, Theo, Welbz and Iwobi.. which Wenger won't do.

Think we have a good team tbh, competition everywhere.. only concern is LB, hope Monreal isn't out

There's ITK talk from papers and ESPN journos that we're in for him, I would still pay over £50m for the guy because he is a special talent which we could do with for the Champions League games. We're talking about a guy that won the golden boot for Colombia at 23 without even getting past the quarters. He's proven at the top level. We can just use Welbeck as striker backup. And Ox , Theo, Iwobi can play for whatever wing position games they can get in the league.
Also, on form surely Holding will be ahead of Per, Gabriel and Chambers now in the pecking order. He gives the ball away at times, does not have the distribution ability of Mertesacker, but he's actually very good. Can't believe we signed him from a relegated Bolton.
I don't care if Wenger thinks Ox, Walcott and Iwobi are good enough to fight it out for a place in the team. The fans need to be pressing him to spend on James Rodriguez, we need that extra bit of quality.
Reply 9817
Original post by James.Carnell
I don't care if Wenger thinks Ox, Walcott and Iwobi are good enough to fight it out for a place in the team. The fans need to be pressing him to spend on James Rodriguez, we need that extra bit of quality.

Imagine thinking fans have any influence on what Wenger decides

Also, Wenger came out and said no one else is being looked into..

..we do need more proven world class players though, we don't really have the time or patience to be developing players anymore

12 years ffs, we're turning into Liverpool
Reply 9818
Yeah 12 years(and likely 13 years) without the title is Liverpool territory.
Lovely run and header from Ozil

Latest