The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ended up making about £20 on the garage sale today, out of my items. Awesome! :smile:

Other family members also made a bit of money too :smile:

Success!
Original post by spotify95

Ended up making about £20 on the garage sale today, out of my items. Awesome! :smile:

Other family members also made a bit of money too :smile:

Success!

Wow, I'm glad to hear this. Well done! :yy::biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123

Wow, I'm glad to hear this. Well done! :yy::biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. :smile: It was a nice success!
Can't remember how much money I got last year when I sold on the garage sale, but let's say this: £20 is better off in my pocket, than in items that I am not using!

Anything that didn't sell will be sorted out and either sold on individually or as a job lot. I have 100 free eBay listings per day this month, and also have 25% off Final Value Fees on any listings until August 29, so that will definitely help me! :smile:Hopefully I'll be able to sell pretty much everything that I was going to sell, this way - meaning that I shall make more money through the items that I wanted to sell. :smile:

Notes:
1) Unless there are any promos going on, you can only list 20 items for free in a given month - after the first 20 listings in a month, each listing is 35p each (regardless of whether the item sells or not), up to your allowance on your account.
2) eBay charge a "Final Value Fee" (FVF) on each item that sells in either Auction or Buy It Now format. This is usually 10% of the full price (including postage charges) of what the item sells for. So for example, if an item sells for £10 including postage, eBay will take £1 off in fees. If an item sells for £20, plus £5 postage (i.e. total £25), eBay take £2.50 from the sale as the final value fee.
Having 25% off the FVF cost will result in eBay taking 7.5% as fees instead of 10% - so for example, the £10 sale mentioned previously would have a FVF of £0.75, instead of £1.00, when covered with the 25% off FVF.
3) In addition to this, PayPal will also take some money in fees; 3.4% of the total transaction value (including postage) plus 20p per transaction. This is only when the buyer pays via Paypal; other methods of payment (i.e. cash on collection) only have the eBay fee, and not the Paypal fee.

Thanks. :smile: It was a nice success!
Can't remember how much money I got last year when I sold on the garage sale, but let's say this: £20 is better off in my pocket, than in items that I am not using!

Anything that didn't sell will be sorted out and either sold on individually or as a job lot. I have 100 free eBay listings per day this month, and also have 25% off Final Value Fees on any listings until August 29, so that will definitely help me! :smile:Hopefully I'll be able to sell pretty much everything that I was going to sell, this way - meaning that I shall make more money through the items that I wanted to sell. :smile:

Notes:
1) Unless there are any promos going on, you can only list 20 items for free in a given month - after the first 20 listings in a month, each listing is 35p each (regardless of whether the item sells or not), up to your allowance on your account.
2) eBay charge a "Final Value Fee" (FVF) on each item that sells in either Auction or Buy It Now format. This is usually 10% of the full price (including postage charges) of what the item sells for. So for example, if an item sells for £10 including postage, eBay will take £1 off in fees. If an item sells for £20, plus £5 postage (i.e. total £25), eBay take £2.50 from the sale as the final value fee.
Having 25% off the FVF cost will result in eBay taking 7.5% as fees instead of 10% - so for example, the £10 sale mentioned previously would have a FVF of £0.75, instead of £1.00, when covered with the 25% off FVF.
3) In addition to this, PayPal will also take some money in fees; 3.4% of the total transaction value (including postage) plus 20p per transaction. This is only when the buyer pays via Paypal; other methods of payment (i.e. cash on collection) only have the eBay fee, and not the Paypal fee.

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the examples - I wouldn't have understood otherwise! You had plenty of detail there and I was left a bit speechless at the end of reading all of that :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the examples - I wouldn't have understood otherwise! You had plenty of detail there and I was left a bit speechless at the end of reading all of that :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! I thought I'd just add the examples in to give better clarity on the situation :smile:

Oh, and wait for it.. STOP PRESS!!!!

On TBAAJ, I have just had my admin and global moderator permissions completely removed, for no reason whatsoever. Why is this?!
I hope I get them back... and quickly!

@Pugalier

No worries! I thought I'd just add the examples in to give better clarity on the situation :smile:

Oh, and wait for it.. STOP PRESS!!!!

On TBAAJ, I have just had my admin and global moderator permissions completely removed, for no reason whatsoever. Why is this?!
I hope I get them back... and quickly!

@Pugalier

Again? Wow, that's odd :/ Indeed, let's hope you get them back soon.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Again? Wow, that's odd :/ Indeed, let's hope you get them back soon.
Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries :smile:

It's a shame you don't have email, because I've taken some very funny screenshots and sent them (via email) to one of my friends - and would forward you them so you could see them! :biggrin:

Alternatively, just visit the TBAAJ website and look at the first few threads in General Discussion. :biggrin:

No worries :smile:

It's a shame you don't have email, because I've taken some very funny screenshots and sent them (via email) to one of my friends - and would forward you them so you could see them! :biggrin:

Alternatively, just visit the TBAAJ website and look at the first few threads in General Discussion. :biggrin:

Haha oh wow! Those threads are quite something! I don't know if it's a bit harsh (based on reasons I've said before in PMs) but hopefully you'll get your admin and and moderator privileges :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest