The Student Room Group

I'm a horrible person

My brother just said to me you are a horrible person.

And I replied with 'No I'm not! why are you saying that?'

But then I actually thought about it and I have realised that I am actually a horrible person. I have no empathy, care or kindness to others. I am selfish, mean, stupid and lazy.

The other day I saw a women on the floor having some kind of heart attack whilst she got paramedic treatment. I just stood and stared at her, amazed, I had to look. I'm a weirdo. A self obsessive, immature weirdo who eats orange peels and climbs out of windows for fun.

My parents said my grandma was coming round for dinner and my initial reaction was to say 'ohh bloody hell' and get in a grump. A normal person would say 'yay!' and be happy but oh no, not me. I'm not normal.

And I never do anything to help around the house because I'm always just doing what I want when I want, i'm in my own little world. And even though I know I should do more to help, I simply don't.

I do surprisingly have friends but that's maybe because when I'm with them it's like I'm someone completely different from the person I am at home. At home I'm a grumpy, sulky, sad unkind sarcastic mess and when I'm with my friends I'm happy, jokey and positive.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me but I'm starting to realize that I have got problems. I am a horrible, disgusting person.
No you're not.
Reply 2
Original post by A-LJLB
No you're not.

Did you not even read what I wrote?
Just because you aren't bubbly, positive and fun as you are with your friends at home that doesn't mean that you are horrible in any way. Don't worry I generally enjoy being with my friends more than chilling at home.

No one is forcing you to change yourself for your family but if you really feel bad inside then try to involve yourself a bit more and keep the bad feelings out.

Hope everything works fine!
Original post by Anonymous
Did you not even read what I wrote?

Yes, and it doesn't make you a horrible person.
Reply 5
Original post by Defraction
Just because you aren't bubbly, positive and fun as you are with your friends at home that doesn't mean that you are horrible in any way. Don't worry I generally enjoy being with my friends more than chilling at home.

No one is forcing you to change yourself for your family but if you really feel bad inside then try to involve yourself a bit more and keep the bad feelings out.

Hope everything works fine!

But my family think I'm a horrible person.

Thank you.
Reply 6
Well first of all at least you admit you have a negative attitude that is effecting your life, that's the hard part. Now you can think about how you will change this attitude. Your brother is not helping you in saying you're horrible as he could instead talk to you and help you, so i wouldn't take what he says to heart.
Reply 7
Original post by A-LJLB
Yes, and it doesn't make you a horrible person.

ok thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Zeus007
Well first of all at least you admit you have a negative attitude that is effecting your life, that's the hard part. Now you can think about how you will change this attitude. Your brother is not helping you in saying you're horrible as he could instead talk to you and help you, so i wouldn't take what he says to heart.

Yes, I know. My brother is probably saying it to make me mad. But yes, I will now try and change my attitude. Many thanks.
Same here :_:

My parents said my grandma was coming round for dinner and my initial reaction was to say 'ohh bloody hell' and get in a grump. A normal person would say 'yay!' and be happy but oh no, not me. I'm not normal.

Amen to that, my grandma's a cantankerous, oversensitive, selfish woman :lol:
Original post by tania<3
Amen to that, my grandma's a cantankerous, oversensitive, selfish woman :lol:

haha you have a reason then... but my grandma is ok... she is a bit stupid though.
Same here :_:

Really? why?
Tbh most people wouldn't do anything if they saw someone dying on the floor. People can lie to themselves and say they'd help, but they're being daft.

Also most people have relatives they don't like and in your case people who you cba to see. Just seem like a normal person, not a bad person though.
Original post by Diego Costa
Tbh most people wouldn't do anything if they saw someone dying on the floor. People can lie to themselves and say they'd help, but they're being daft.

Also most people have relatives they don't like and in your case people who you cba to see. Just seem like a normal person, not a bad person though.

ok thanks.
Reply 15

But then I actually thought about it and I have realised that I am actually a horrible person. I have no empathy, care or kindness to others. I am selfish, mean, stupid and lazy.

The other day I saw a women on the floor having some kind of heart attack whilst she got paramedic treatment. I just stood and stared at her, amazed, I had to look. I'm a weirdo. A self obsessive, immature weirdo who eats orange peels and climbs out of windows for fun.

And I never do anything to help around the house because I'm always just doing what I want when I want, i'm in my own little world. And even though I know I should do more to help, I simply don't.

I do surprisingly have friends but that's maybe because when I'm with them it's like I'm someone completely different from the person I am at home. At home I'm a grumpy, sulky, sad unkind sarcastic mess and when I'm with my friends I'm happy, jokey and positive.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me but I'm starting to realize that I have got problems. I am a horrible, disgusting person.

oh my god, i thought i was literally the only one. i swear you just described me exactly... tell me when you find the cure to our personalities :/
I am as well 😫
Original post by gameofno
oh my god, i thought i was literally the only one. i swear you just described me exactly... tell me when you find the cure to our personalities :/

Original post by Lularose83
I am as well 😫

Nice to know I'm not the only one... there must be a whole species out there.

I will try and find the cure to our personalities!!!!!

It might just be because your family drives you nuts. This is perfectly normal, so relax :biggrin:
If you're friendly and positive around your friends and not at home this does seem to be the case.

Most people feel this way, once you go off to uni and move out you'll be happier and you'll eventually develop a better relationship with your family :smile:

A self obsessive, immature weirdo who eats orange peels and climbs out of windows for fun.

That actually sounds like fun :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending