The Student Room Group

Lonely and single at 20?

In a few weeks i'll be going to a festival with primarily couples, now i am 20 years old and not to be big headed not short of attention, just haven't found someone i'm happy to be with.

Although this still makes me sad that i haven't found anyone i'm happy to settle with.

I don't want to be depressed and lonely on the trip, looking at the couples and how happy they are and be all alone and horrible feeling.

Help me out, so i can stay positive in these situations?

thank you

Scroll to see replies

If you're "not short of attention" that means you're desirable. If you're desirable that means it will be far easier to find the right person.

Stay positive. You have good things going in your life, no doubt, so it's just a waiting game until you find someone you click with. Chin up! :smile:
I'm single too and I hate it. My main aim at university is to find a boyfriend.
Reply 3
Loads of singles at festivals on the prowl. Get you best summer gear on and your repartee sharpened. A dream relationship is potentially just around the corner
Reply 4
Original post by newsunflower

You dont need to look.. The right person will come when you least expect.. chin up :smile:
at least you're not lonely and single at 22 :smile:
Original post by Rameses
You dont need to look.. The right person will come when you least expect.. chin up :smile:

Wishful thinking and with good intentions no doubt, but honestly not true. Unless you're somewhere between average and a stunner, if you make 0 effort then you will get 0 results.

OP, you may have ignored or not seen a post of mine on your previous threads but your friendship circle seems to be damaging your self esteem, unless you've got a new group that aren't the ones that leave you behind at festivals etc. Whatever you're doing to not be single, think about how you can improve and hope for the best, and try to mask any sense of desperation.
Reply 7
Original post by upperechelon

If anyone is single at 22. It is not the end of the world.. especially if the person is going to uni :smile:
Original post by Rameses
If anyone is single at 22. It is not the end of the world.. especially if the person is going to uni :smile:

lol I wasn't referring to myself I'm 17 and in a relationship
Reply 9
lol I wasn't referring to myself I'm 17 and in a relationship

lol ma bad... sorry i thought it was you :smile:
Relationships are overrated anyway
Reply 11

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Relationships are overrated anyway

Then how come I want one sooo badly? I dream of having a boyfriend all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lousmithy
(....) *Help me out, so i can stay positive in these situations?

thank you

You can. There are more than enough people who are older than 20 and still lonely and single. That should be a good reason for staying positive. You are quite young. In the next decade it may completely different.
Reply 14
Original post by lousmithy
In a few weeks i'll be going to a festival with primarily couples, now i am 20 years old and not to be big headed not short of attention, just haven't found someone i'm happy to be with.

Although this still makes me sad that i haven't found anyone i'm happy to settle with.

I don't want to be depressed and lonely on the trip, looking at the couples and how happy they are and be all alone and horrible feeling.

Help me out, so i can stay positive in these situations?

thank you

you for real or you just trolling?lol
Then how come I want one sooo badly? I dream of having a boyfriend all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone who's been dumped will say this. Trust me, it happened to me yesterday. Just wait for the right person to turn up, you'll be so much happier for it :smile:
Reply 18

The only relationship that should define you or your happiness is with yourself :smile: Be kind to yourself and learn to really enjoy your own company, once you've done that.. a relationship will be amazing x
Honestly, im in a relationship with boyfriend if three years in October and as relationships are fabulous things, you are creating expectations in your head. Once you find someone it will be great but you will realise how important friends are, so id suggest focusing on friendship until you find someone worthy. The person will come and you may have to kiss some frogs but enjoy yourself at the festival and dont focus on the couples, they're probably jealous you can enjoy yourself with no strings attched xo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest