The Student Room Group

What is seen as good GCSEs with minimal revision?

I achieved 5A*s, 3As and 2Bs and I was 2-3 ums off an A* in two more subjects, however the only revision I ever did during these 5 years were cramming sessions that I did before some mocks and before the actual exam. How much revision did you people do to get your grades? What do you think are good grades with no/minimal revision?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Samii123
I achieved 5A*s, 3As and 2Bs, however the only revision I ever did during these 5 years were cramming sessions that I did before some mocks and before the actual exam. How much revision did you people do to get your grades? What do you think are good grades with no/minimal revision?

Sounds good to be honest, GCSEs are about the last time you can get away with cramming though.
Reply 2
I only started revising a week before my first exam and then with regard to other exams I'd start revising a couple of days before it. I achieved 5 A*s 4 A's and a B, so pretty much the same as you
Oh yeah that's so fair. People like me put month's in to just pass with C's, but you do maybe a week's total in Year 11 and pass with rainbow's and A*/A.

So fair.
I literally revised the night before each exam (only revision done) and managed to achieve 7A*s, 1A, 1B and 2C's. I really really regret only ever revising the night before the exam😁
Reply 5
I revised for my GCSE's for roughly 2 weeks prior to the first exam, I got;
2A*, 6A, 2B, 1C
Bearing in mind I didn't put any effort in my coursework in any subjects haha
Reply 6
Well, revision isn't everything. Having actually been in class and paying attention to some degree counts for a lot. Yes, GCSEs aren't that hard, but that doesn't mean that you don't need specific knowledge for some questions, obviously. Better teaching, better attention, better attendance all contribute here. Personally my revision varied a lot for each exam in GCSE. Some I revised for for a couple of weeks, others a couple days or barely at all. I ended up with 7A*s and 2As. I did exactly nothing for one A (Welsh) and pretty much nothing for the other (Music). I did a fair bit for all the A*s apart from Maths, which just required a little brushing up on the small amount of non-trivial stuff like circle theorems, and English Language.

Original post by SeanFM
Sounds good to be honest, GCSEs are about the last time you can get away with cramming though.

I revised for the very meaty Analysis II from two days before the exam. :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I just realised I posted this thread twice, woops.
I did countless hours of revision and came out with 6A* and 4As, so all those hours paid off! Some may have gained similar or better results without as much revision - and I envy them! The amount of times I questioned why I was writing out a whole chemistry revision guide before exams even started. Still - it was all worth it in the end!

Quick Reply

Latest