The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

How difficult is it for a UK student to get an internship position in a bulge bracket firm in New York, if you have a contact pretty high up the hierarchy?
Original post by econibpe
How difficult is it for a UK student to get an internship position in a bulge bracket firm in New York, if you have a contact pretty high up the hierarchy?

Already answered earlier in the thread, basically impossible. Although, if your contact can get you an interview then maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Already answered earlier in the thread, basically impossible. Although, if your contact can get you an interview then maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My contact is an MD, does this make things much better?
My contact is an MD, does this make things much better?

If they can get you an interview, yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 984
Is it too late to start looking for internships? I thought we were meant to start looking for them in early October, but holy ****, everyone here sounds like they already have one.
Original post by khemia
Is it too late to start looking for internships? I thought we were meant to start looking for them in early October, but holy ****, everyone here sounds like they already have one.

No lol, most haven't even opened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 986
No lol, most haven't even opened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank god! It'll be future me's problem to get one then.
Original post by gsbs2
you obviously know more about the chances, since you are the one in the situation and I doubt anyone else in the forum has gone through it

I was only recently introduced to the contact and I haven't even approached him yet. I was asking to find out how much to realistically expect - chill with the hostility mate.
I was only recently introduced to the contact and I haven't even approached him yet. I was asking to find out how much to realistically expect - chill with the hostility mate.

?????

So it's not really a contact ahahaha, I very much doubt you'll get an interview if this is the first time you're speaking to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
?????

So it's not really a contact ahahaha, I very much doubt you'll get an interview if this is the first time you're speaking to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are family friends dude. (The contact and I)
(edited 7 years ago)
We are family friends dude.

Ah.

Should be easy enough then, with the right way of framing it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 991
did anyone hear back from greenhill?
Original post by torres657
is it for FT role?

No I applied for a summer role.
Original post by olly_price
No I applied for a summer role.

but in their website opening date for SA London is 12th September
Original post by bolt16
did anyone hear back from greenhill?

No have you?
Hey everyone hope the summer's going well :smile: Are the Citi SA positions only in North America, are there not any in EMEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by apriori1234
Hey everyone hope the summer's going well :smile: Are the Citi SA positions only in North America, are there not any in EMEA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes there will be. It's only August guys. Most banks don't even open until September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
These DB work experience questions. Wtaf.

Edit: OMG there's more general questions nearer the end. DB can go f**k themselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JimbobJam

Edit: OMG there's more general questions nearer the end. DB can go f**k themselves.

I love this :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JimbobJam

Hahaha, I would say the formatting of the application form annoyed me more than the WE questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending