The Student Room Group

How can you tell if a guy is short from pictures?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pinkberry_y
No I don't want someone who's 6'3, we'd just look like a number 10 if we stood next to each other. I want the guy to be at least 5'8/9. Also not getting the hate I'm receiving here, everyone is allowed to have a type and excuse me if I don't want to date a 5'5 child.

Do one thing for me.
Stop using the words "child" and "manlet".
It must be soul destroying for shorter men to read this kinda stuff. If his height is a complete deal breaker, then that's pretty shallow. (Unless he's literally 4ft tall or something)
And just for the record, I'm 6ft 3.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
Stop using the words "child" and manlet. It must be soul destroying for shorter men to read this kinda stuff.

Obviously she doesn't care about that
No I don't want someone who's 6'3, we'd just look like a number 10 if we stood next to each other. I want the guy to be at least 5'8/9. Also not getting the hate I'm receiving here, everyone is allowed to have a type and excuse me if I don't want to date a 5'5 child.

Brutal. Excuse is if we don't want to date an insensitive material little girl. I'm sure you'd have a different perspective if you were overweight or unattractive (although maybe not, as fat girls still like to reject shorter guys).

And in answer to your question, you can't really. I'm about 6' and I look shorter than some of my 5'8 friends unless I'm next to them. But the fact you're asking this question probably means he is, and even if he isn't, do him and favour and don't pursue.
Reply 43

Would you not date Daniel Radcliffe eh? With the shallowness you're displaying I'd have thought lots of money would convince you. :wink:

In seriousness, having a preference is fine. The issue is being so anal about it, and being so concerned about it that you make a whole thread.
Original post by ChiefKwen
if it is a full body picture and he is holding a phone. (selfie in-front of mirror)
1.Ask or estimate the model. (for size in inches)
2.Copy and paste picture onto power-point.
3. draw to lines at the top of the phone then the bottom.
4.Group those lines
5. take the new "measuring tool" and stack them on top of each other until you reach the top of his head.
6. Then you have a rough estimate.

First of all, this doesn't work due to perspective, if the phone is away from his body he'll appear shorter than he actually is doing this which we can't have that for the OP.

Secondly, doing this is completely and utterly ridiculous.
Ask him.
If he tells you, you know his height. If he blocks you, he's definitely too short 😂
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Would you not date Daniel Radcliffe eh? With the shallowness you're displaying I'd have thought lots of money would convince you. :wink:

In seriousness, having a preference is fine. The issue is being so anal about it, and being so concerned about it that you make a whole thread.

You're actually making her case if you have to bring a world famous, rich guy to balance for height.

Height is very important to girls (apparently), get over it guys. Shaming someone for her preferences is not going to make her think "Oh yeah, short guys are lovely after all!".
Original post by Sisuphos
You're actually making her case if you have to bring a world famous, rich guy to balance for height.

Height is very important to girls (apparently), get over it guys. Shaming someone for her preferences is not going to make her think "Oh yeah, short guys are lovely after all!".

I don't mind the preference, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker if she already likes the guy.
How can you tell if a girl is shallow from the title of a discussion?
ask him.
Original post by cbreef
Do one thing for me.
Stop using the words "child" and "manlet".
It must be soul destroying for shorter men to read this kinda stuff. If his height is a complete deal breaker, then that's pretty shallow. (Unless he's literally 4ft tall or something)
And just for the record, I'm 6ft 3.

Do one thing for me: stop re-editing your post to basically tell me the exact same thing, and for the record I didn't even use the word "manlet", but yes I did say child and that was harsh. But I still stand by what I say, I refuse to go out with a short guy.

Original post by donutellme
Brutal. Excuse is if we don't want to date an insensitive material little girl. I'm sure you'd have a different perspective if you were overweight or unattractive (although maybe not, as fat girls still like to reject shorter guys).

And in answer to your question, you can't really. I'm about 6' and I look shorter than some of my 5'8 friends unless I'm next to them. But the fact you're asking this question probably means he is, and even if he isn't, do him and favour and don't pursue.

This over reaction I'm getting here is just a classic sign of people getting offended too easily these days. Get real people have types, every guy you ask will have a type including you. If me having a particular type and refusing to date a short guy makes me an material little girl, then so be it, at least I don't have an online hernia at someone asking a simple question on a forum

Thank you exactly! This is hilarious how I'm basically being slaughtered on here and the girls are being called shallow for saying we don't want to date a short guy.

Everyone's different, different people like different things, it's not a crime it's human nature. If you have a problem with that then you have a problem with human nature
Curiousity and I don't want a shortie

You ask them.
Reply 53

I did not mean to pose any real argument with that first part, it was just a jibe, admittedly not the most mature thing to say but then I do not consider OP's behaviour particularly mature. I said that I don't care about the preference. It is the attitude displayed in general.
Do one thing for me: stop re-editing your post to basically tell me the exact same thing, and for the record I didn't even use the word "manlet", but yes I did say child and that was harsh. But I still stand by what I say, I refuse to go out with a short guy.

This over reaction I'm getting here is just a classic sign of people getting offended too easily these days. Get real people have types, every guy you ask will have a type including you. If me having a particular type and refusing to date a short guy makes me an material little girl, then so be it, at least I don't have an online hernia at someone asking a simple question on a forum

Am I not allowed to edit my own posts? All I'm doing is making it look and read better. Like I and many others have said, it's ok to have a tall preference but it shouldn't be a deal breaker if you really like him in other aspects.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you exactly! This is hilarious how I'm basically being slaughtered on here and the girls are being called shallow for saying we don't want to date a short guy.

Everyone's different, different people like different things, it's not a crime it's human nature. If you have a problem with that then you have a problem with human nature

I don't agree with the **** you get in here for saying you won't date a short guy.

But I'm not going to white knight you either. If a girl I knew and had feelings for rejected me merely for being short, I'd feel terrible. If height is a deal breaker for you, let guys know beforehand so they won't get attached.
Reply 56
I'm 5'10. In pictures with one of my friends who's 6'6 I look tiny. In pictures with another of my friends who's 5'4 I look giant. The point is pictures can be misleading because how tall a guy looks depends on the height of the people with him in the picture. Your best bet is to meet the guy face to face or simply ask him how tall he is.
Reply 57
Original post by donutellme
Maine Da*** is this

MAAAAAYYYYNEEEE all kiiiinds of shallowness and hypocrisy and double standards, all kiiinds
Reply 58
Original post by RelucBeam
I can easily tell if a girls trap smells...if that's any help to you

:eek:
I think one reason why you're getting so much hate on this thread is that if a guy were to make this thread but about breasts or ass they'd largely get hate. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending