The Student Room Group

Good enough for cambridge / oxford?

Just wanted to know if im on the right track to get to cambridge / oxford uni:
Results:
English Lit A
English Lang B ( Hopefully a appeal to get an A as i am 1 UMS away --- so annoyed xD)
Maths A*
Physics A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Geography A*
Chinese A*
PE - Distinction*
Art - A
French - B
Prep for working Life - 2
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OKPeaceHD
Just wanted to know if im on the right track to get to cambridge / oxford uni:
Results:
English Lit A
English Lang B ( Hopefully a appeal to get an A as i am 1 UMS away --- so annoyed xD)
Maths A*
Physics A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Geography A*
Chinese A*
PE - Distinction*
Art - A
French - B
Prep for working Life - 2

Déja Vu?
Reply 2
Yes, but it's not all about GCSE, you still need MINIMUM ABBB at AS plus there's the pre interview tests (especially at Cambridge) which you have to do really well in and then you still need a really good PS with work exp etc

So yes your GCSE's are good enough but there's much more to an Oxbridge application than just your GCSE
These ****ing threads I swear to god if I see another I'll rip my throat out. There's not a 'set amount' of A*'s you need at gcse to get into oxbridge. There are people who have all A*'s at GCSE who didn't get in, and people with very few A*'s who have. You obviously know you've done well, surely if you're smart enough to get those grades, you're smart enough to look on their websites, and decide for yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by AfcFob
Yes, but it's not all about GCSE, you still need MINIMUM ABBB at AS plus there's the pre interview tests (especially at Cambridge) which you have to do really well in and then you still need a really good PS with work exp etc

So yes your GCSE's are good enough but there's much more to an Oxbridge application than just your GCSE

Oxford has been setting pre-interview tests for longer than Cambridge in most cases.

And you don't need work experience, except for Medicine.

But the comment about "more ... than just GCSEs" is certainly true :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
OP, your GCSEs are adequate. Now you have to nail your A levels/ interviews/ admissions tests.
Original post by jamesj477
These ****ing threads I swear to god if I see another I'll rip my throat out.
You'd better stay out of the forum, then, because that sounds painful and possibly fatal.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending