The Student Room Group

What, realistically, should I aim for at A2 in terms of grades?

Here is a breakdown of my AS -

Maths (A) 254 UMS
Physics (B)
English Language (C)

As you can tell I only took 3 AS subjects. This wasn't a choice of my own, but actually a choice of my school because I got CDDE last year when I didnt try an tey wouldn't let me do 4 AS subjects again as they claimed 'I couldn't handle it'. I could handle it but didnt apply myself last year.

Both Physics and English are reformed A-Levels, and therefore the grades don't count towards anything other than expected grades next year.

Does the fact I have resat the year weaken my university applications?
What grades should I expect to achieve next year?
Reply 1
You're probably looking at ABB-AAA depending on how much you apply yourself and work at the Linear A-Levels
Reply 2
Original post by AfcFob
You're probably looking at ABB-AAA depending on how much you apply yourself and work at the Linear A-Levels

I can get an A* in maths, it is the only subject that I can actually do confidently.

Regarding the other two subjects, am I looking at BB or AB or AA if I try hard enough, because theoretically, A*A* is possible... but highly improbable.
Original post by BainesyA
Here is a breakdown of my AS -

Maths (A) 254 UMS
Physics (B)
English Language (C)

As you can tell I only took 3 AS subjects. This wasn't a choice of my own, but actually a choice of my school because I got CDDE last year when I didnt try an tey wouldn't let me do 4 AS subjects again as they claimed 'I couldn't handle it'. I could handle it but didnt apply myself last year.

Both Physics and English are reformed A-Levels, and therefore the grades don't count towards anything other than expected grades next year.

Does the fact I have resat the year weaken my university applications?
What grades should I expect to achieve next year?

Are you planning on retaking any maths modules next year also ?
Reply 4
Original post by nihil_nimis
Are you planning on retaking any maths modules next year also ?

Nope, there is no need for me to
Aim for AAB.

Quick Reply

Latest