The Student Room Group

Hiv / aids

I am a girl who sucks white and middle eastern. Do I get infected of HIV / AIDS?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hawke0
I am a girl who sucks white and middle eastern. Do I get infected of HIV / AIDS?

Visit this website to find out how at risk you are, and then consider getting tested by a doctor.
Can we have the question in English, please?

If you're asking 'can you get HIV via giving oral sex to men?' then the answer is it's very, very unlikely. The risk if you end up with semen in your mouth is somewhere between 'nil' and 'very very close to nil'. If you don't, either because you're using condoms for this or they come outside your mouth, then it's nil.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by unprinted

If you're asking 'can you get HIV via giving oral sex to men?' then the answer is it's very, very unlikely. The risk if you end up with semen in your mouth is somewhere been 'nil' and 'very very close to nil'. If you don't, either because you're using condoms for this or they come outside your mouth, then it's nil.

What's nil? What you typed is what I was asking. The post was sexual. Why is it unlikely? I think that the one who I wrote about is sucking a dick.
Original post by Hawke0
What's nil?

Zero, nothing.

Why is it unlikely? I think that the one who I wrote about is sucking a dick.

In order for you to catch HIV from someone, they have to have it. Even if he's giving oral sex to men, he's unlikely to be HIV+ unless he's also having anal sex without a condom with them too.

If they have it, to be infected you need to have sufficient quantity of HIV get inside you and without getting semen in your mouth, oral sex certainly doesn't do that.

It also needs to have a good route to get in your blood stream. The inside of the anus is a good route, the inside of the vagina is an ok route, but the inside of the mouth is a very very bad one.

Depending on which study you believe the resulting risk is either very very small or nil. If it weren't, a lot more gay and bisexual men would be HIV+ because an awful lot of oral sex happens between men.

There are things you can catch from giving men oral sex, but HIV is very very unlikely to be one of them.

If you're asking 'can you get HIV via giving oral sex to men?' then the answer is it's very, very unlikely. The risk if you end up with semen in your mouth is somewhere between 'nil' and 'very very close to nil'. If you don't, either because you're using condoms for this or they come outside your mouth, then it's nil.

If he ends up with semen in his mouth is somewhere between zero percent and one percent, right?
Zero, nothing.

In order for you to catch HIV from someone, they have to have it. Even if he's giving oral sex to men, he's unlikely to be HIV+ unless he's also having anal sex without a condom with them too.

If they have it, to be infected you need to have sufficient quantity of HIV get inside you and without getting semen in your mouth, oral sex certainly doesn't do that.

It also needs to have a good route to get in your blood stream. The inside of the anus is a good route, the inside of the vagina is an ok route, but the inside of the mouth is a very very bad one.

Depending on which study you believe the resulting risk is either very very small or nil. If it weren't, a lot more gay and bisexual men would be HIV+ because an awful lot of oral sex happens between men.

There are things you can catch from giving men oral sex, but HIV is very very unlikely to be one of them.

Oral sex gets other infection than HIV. Mouth is a bad route. Tell me about this.
Original post by Anonymous
If he ends up with semen in his mouth is somewhere between zero percent and one percent, right?

Yes, but certainly much closer to the zero percent - quite possibly actually zero percent - than the one percent.

For women, with vaginal sex with someone who's HIV+ and not receiving treatment the risk is probably less than 1/10th of a percent, and oral sex is certainly less risky than that.
Original post by Hawke0
Oral sex gets other infection than HIV. Mouth is a bad route. Tell me about this.

If they have it you can catch, for example, gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis, and hepatitis B from giving oral sex. Many can have no symptoms when caught orally, so it's important to have a sexual health check up and to say what you've been doing. There is a vaccine for hepatitis B and if you say you are giving oral to bisexual men, you should be offered it.

Your mouth has evolved to cope with having all sorts of stuff get into it. Viruses like HIV find it harder to get into the bloodstream there than in, for example, inside your anus.
If they have it you can catch, for example, gonorrhoea, chlamydia, syphilis, and hepatitis B from giving oral sex. Many can have no symptoms when caught orally, so it's important to have a sexual health check up and to say what you've been doing. There is a vaccine for hepatitis B and if you say you are giving oral to bisexual men, you should be offered it.

Your mouth has evolved to cope with having all sorts of stuff get into it. Viruses like HIV find it harder to get into the bloodstream there than in, for example, inside your anus.

Tell me about less risky anal sex.
Original post by Anonymous
Tell me about less risky anal sex.

Use condoms.
Reply 11
Original post by Hawke0
What's nil? What you typed is what I was asking. The post was sexual. Why is it unlikely? I think that the one who I wrote about is sucking a dick.

Zilch.

From what I'm aware it's usually anal that does it:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Use condoms.

Is HIV virus quantative? Is a condom removable while sex? Is a dick washed before sex?
I don't understand the question.

Unless someone takes it off, if used properly it shouldn't come off. If it does come off, at least one of you should notice and stop.

It's a good idea, especially if it wants to be sucked.

Quick Reply

Latest