The Student Room Group

What the hell am I going to do?

I got my very decent GCSE grades a couple of days ago and in a WEEK I will be starting sixth form. The only thing is...I have no idea where the hell to go for sixth form!!!!! It's all a bit of a mess and my mind is very confused at the moment.

Do I stay at the reliable, academic grammar for sixth form or do I go to a good, exciting college? It's a hard decision. Do I venture out of the grammar which I have almost got bored of and go to college which could potentially be the worse place ever? College would allow me to make friends but what if those friends are not as good as the ones I already have at the grammar? And I also have to get a train to college everyday. But the college would be a new exciting adventure and I do like excitement. I would do the same subjects at either sixth form so that's not a deciding factor.

The college is bigger with slightly better facilities but I think the grammar has slightly better teachers... And people may think that grammar was too difficult for me (which was not the case). I feel like grammar would be the easier option but what if it is boring and I regret the decision?!?! Oh for goodness sake!!!! I'm so annoyed and frustrated!!! I've never felt so torn about a decision before... it is eating at my mind and making me squirm. I really do wish the decision was easy to make!!!!!!

To make matters worse: One of my good friends is staying at grammar for sixth form and my other good friend is going to college. To make matters even worse: They are both trying to get me to go to the sixth form they are going to. I am torn and either decision I make will break the heart of one of my friends.

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hmmm...I mean sixth form can be exciting aswell cant it ? lol
I dont know anyone at the sixth form that i might go to so wherever i go i will be making new friends/meeting new people. Im in the same situation but i want to go to the sixth form more :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by s.mo
hmmm...I mean sixth form can be exciting aswell cant it ? lol
I dont know anyone at the sixth form that i might go to so wherever i go i will be making new friends/meeting new people. Im in the same situation but i want to go to the sixth form more :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Yeah it will be exciting as well but not as exciting and I want to meet new people. But the college is so much more hassle!
Ah well I hope you are happy with your decision :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cookie123456789
I got my very decent GCSE grades a couple of days ago and in a WEEK I will be starting sixth form. The only thing is...I have no idea where the hell to go for sixth form!!!!! It's all a bit of a mess and my mind is very confused at the moment.

Do I stay at the reliable, academic grammar for sixth form or do I go to a good, exciting college? It's a hard decision. Do I venture out of the grammar which I have almost got bored of and go to college which could potentially be the worse place ever? College would allow me to make friends but what if those friends are not as good as the ones I already have at the grammar? And I also have to get a train to college everyday. But the college would be a new exciting adventure and I do like excitement. I would do the same subjects at either sixth form so that's not a deciding factor.

The college is bigger with slightly better facilities but I think the grammar has slightly better teachers... And people may think that grammar was too difficult for me (which was not the case). I feel like grammar would be the easier option but what if it is boring and I regret the decision?!?! Oh for goodness sake!!!! I'm so annoyed and frustrated!!! I've never felt so torn about a decision before... it is eating at my mind and making me squirm. I really do wish the decision was easy to make!!!!!!

To make matters worse: One of my good friends is staying at grammar for sixth form and my other good friend is going to college. To make matters even worse: They are both trying to get me to go to the sixth form they are going to. I am torn and either decision I make will break the heart of one of my friends.

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just stay at the grammar school? You've been there for 5 years, you know the teachers, you know the place, you know the environment. There is no need for change if it's not necessary.
Original post by Vyres
Just stay at the grammar school? You've been there for 5 years, you know the teachers, you know the place, you know the environment. There is no need for change if it's not necessary.

really?

But what if the change was a really really good change?
please someone help
Original post by cookie123456789
please someone help

Do you care about grades or having fun. If the latter, go to college.
*helps you*

Spoiler

Reply 8
Your friends have made decisions that are right for them, not decisions based on who will or won't be there with them. You need to do the same. It will not break their hearts, believe me.*

Ask your gran. Helped me make my mind up about this thread.
Original post by FireFreezer77
*helps you*

Spoiler

:eek: I wanted to go to college but

Spoiler

I'd say to stay at the grammar school. I went to a normal comprehensive school for my GCSEs and then a grammar school for sixth form and found it to be very exciting/ fun but also challenging. I had a friend who had been at the grammar school since year 7 and went to college for sixth form but then returned to the grammar as she didn't feel like she was learning/ being challenged enough at college.

Having said that, it's entirely up to you. If you feel you want a change, and as your GCSEs are great, there's no reason why you can't excel at college. 😊
Go to a sixth form full of chavs, gangstas and road people.
doesn't really matter just go wherever you feel you're gonna do best.
Original post by 1jonam16
Do you care about grades or having fun. If the latter, go to college.

fun!!!!

or grades?

hmmm...

fun it is.

But then would I not get a good job? Would I then fail at life?

AHHH
Original post by RagingWhoreMoans
Go to a sixth form full of chavs, gangstas and road people.

Oh no. I would get beaten up by them because I'm a 'posh'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FireFreezer77
*helps you*

Spoiler

... blimey...sorry about your experience

You just really put me off college.

The college I'm thinking of going to is probably better though.
Reply 17
Sixth form of a Grammar school.
Just choose one, it doesn't matter where you go, but what you make of it. If you keep looking back and wishing that you'd done something different, then you will not have a good time. Either choice will have both good and bad moments. Sometimes I do this, which helps me. If you're really stuck, then just flip a coin. Usually when you do that, you will find yourself hoping for one outcome rather than the other. Then you can choose.
Reply 19
I'm going to a Sixthform/College, which is a school with only 16-19 year olds, therefore no high school kids and no adults (believe me you find adults in colleges). However the decision depends on whether or not you want independency and a fresh start, then go to college. But you should also think about the reputation of the college as people have already suggested some colleges have really bad people. If you are comfortable with where you are then just stay at the grammar school. At the end of the day it's whichever place you will work best at.
I yearn for a fresh start and some independency that's why I'm leaving my secondary school for a Sixthform/college that gives me the best of both sixth forms and colleges combined.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending