The Student Room Group

jamestg's AS success!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
AAA :smile:

You'll get that with ease, hopefully. Considering you got AAAB lol, it should be too easy with hard work (wait wtf lol)
Reply 281
Original post by Chittesh14
You'll get that with ease, hopefully. Considering you got AAAB lol, it should be too easy with hard work (wait wtf lol)

I can see it being my insurance.

I would be really happy with:
Firm - Durham
Insurance - Surrey
Original post by jamestg
I can see it being my insurance.

I would be really happy with:
Firm - Durham
Insurance - Surrey

Ah, good luck anyway! Whatever you get, I'm sure you'll do well :smile:
don't worry about retaking Maths (I don't think you even need it for Economics) lol that's why.

Lol at this. Maths is the most important subject for econ, more so than econ itself.
Original post by Zacken
Lol at this. Maths is the most important subject for econ, more so than econ itself.

Really? Ok, I didn't know that lol dam. Eco at A-level is way different :frown: all essay-based so yeh, very unexpected.
Reply 285
Work experience begins tomorrow!!
Original post by jamestg

Good luck. How long is it for?
Reply 287
Good luck. How long is it for?

Just this week!
Original post by jamestg
Just this week!

Oh right. Have fun I guess lol
Reply 289
Are you going to continue to use this thread for A2?
Reply 290
Original post by Rajive
Are you going to continue to use this thread for A2?

If they don't make another grow your grades thread for next year - yes! Otherwise I'll create a new one!
Original post by jamestg

What type of work experience?
Reply 292
Original post by richpanda
What type of work experience?

Accountancy at PwC!
Reply 293
Before this thread gets locked, I'd like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has helped along the way!

I've managed to make a lot of progress this year and I really hope I can continue that into my final year of school. Not only that, but also by getting more work experience during next summer to expand my network and create loads of opportunities.

There are so many things I didn't think were possible - Cambridge residential, work experience at PwC, AAAB, getting into my school's Russell Group (and staying in it!) and a few other things here and there.

You've been amazing!! See you (hopefully) very soon!
Original post by jamestg
Accountancy at PwC!

Damn, seriously impressive. Networking already?:wink:
Original post by jamestg
Before this thread gets locked, I'd like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has helped along the way!

I've managed to make a lot of progress this year and I really hope I can continue that into my final year of school. Not only that, but also by getting more work experience during next summer to expand my network and create loads of opportunities.

There are so many things I didn't think were possible - Cambridge residential, work experience at PwC, AAAB, getting into my school's Russell Group (and staying in it!) and a few other things here and there.

what work exp are you doing next year?
Original post by jamestg

You're welcome. Keep working hard and succeeding. What is this school's russell group - my school had a focus group in Year 11 XD
Congratulations James! :smile:
Original post by jamestg
Okay so fingers crossed this helps...

GCSEs: 1A*, 5As, 5Bs

Spoiler

AS subjects: Maths, Biology, Politics and History

Spoiler

What I want to achieve:

Spoiler

Looking forward to the future:

Spoiler

Current Stats:
ALPS: BBBB
Predicted: AABB (M, P, H, B)
Target: AAAB (M, P, B, H)
Current: AABB (M, P, H, B)
(current and predicted grades updated termly)

Dec Mocks: AABD (M, P, H, B)
March Mocks: AAAB (M, P, B, H)

Post exams prediction: ACCD (M, B, P, H) :frown:

Actual grades: AAAB (M, P, H, B) :biggrin::biggrin:
My modules:

Spoiler

Any advice on how to revise m1 module?
Reply 299
Original post by citibankrec
what work exp are you doing next year?

Not sure at the moment haha! Maybe more accountancy/consultancy, or banking or something to do with politics.

You're welcome. Keep working hard and succeeding. What is this school's russell group - my school had a focus group in Year 11 XD

It's a small group where the people likely to get an offer from a RG get help with personal statements, interviews, residential etc...

Original post by Quamquam123
Congratulations James! :smile:

Thank you!!

Original post by geography1294
Any advice on how to revise m1 module?

Just do past papers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending