The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Economics Thread -- 6th June / 9th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Username1502
Yes I completely agree guys. That felt like a waste of revision because 1) half the theory in Managing the Economy did not come up; 2) the environmental issues/globalisation questions required NONE of my time to revise as it was all in the case study. Not to mention the questions were rather pointless....

Ugh, there goes any chance of A* in Econ!

So glad I found this thread and realised I'm not alone. That paper was relatively bad, worst one i've had this exam season. I was aiming for an A*, and felt good after Unit 11, but I'd be content with an A now ( I wouldn't really want any Bs- yes, I'm one of those people).

I had memorised lots of quotes for the research tasks and that came in useful on globalisation, but how on earth do you prepare figures for chewing gum!!!???

But, since quite a few people seem to be a bit wary about this exam, I'm just hoping for low grade boundaries.:colondollar::colondollar:
Original post by Kevin:)
So glad I found this thread and realised I'm not alone. That paper was relatively bad, worst one i've had this exam season. I was aiming for an A*, and felt good after Unit 11, but I'd be content with an A now ( I wouldn't really want any Bs- yes, I'm one of those people).

I had memorised lots of quotes for the research tasks and that came in useful on globalisation, but how on earth do you prepare figures for chewing gum!!!???

But, since quite a few people seem to be a bit wary about this exam, I'm just hoping for low grade boundaries.:colondollar::colondollar:

Haha -- no worries, I'm also quite wary of Bs lol. Really, I didn't use any quotes for globalisation nor for environmental issues and was really unsure about what to do in terms of for the research so I fluffed myself up for failure before I even walked in! I'd be very happy with an A in Economics knowing how useless my teacher has been -- just my department, or every school? -- and how clueless I have been.

Are you carrying on with Economics for AS?
Reply 62
Original post by Username1502
Haha -- no worries, I'm also quite wary of Bs lol. Really, I didn't use any quotes for globalisation nor for environmental issues and was really unsure about what to do in terms of for the research so I fluffed myself up for failure before I even walked in! I'd be very happy with an A in Economics knowing how useless my teacher has been -- just my department, or every school? -- and how clueless I have been.

Are you carrying on with Economics for AS?

I was going to and I put that down initially, but I've now switched it for Physics, and might switch it for Chemistry. I was pondering switching it back to Economics (since Econ is, admittedly, one of the subjects I find most interesting as a discipline), but I think after that test I probably won't, I just don't want to think about Economics now. :colonhash:
Reply 63
Dont be put off from doing it at a level guys, with the GCSE you'll be at a bit of an advantage since Managing the economy and one of the units at a level have very similar topics
How did everyone do?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jade_on_tsr
How did everyone do?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

A overall with an A in unit 11 and a B in unit 12
surprised i even managed a B there tbh
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
A overall with an A in unit 11 and a B in unit 12
surprised i even managed a B there tbh

Nice!!!!!!!! Well done! You deserved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply