The Student Room Group

Is face to face enrollment an interview?

I need to go in for face-to-face enrollment next week to collect my student ID, but I haven't had an interview yet. Is this an interview?
Yes it is c:

They just discuss your grades and the right course for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Probably not. My guess is it's just flashing your passport and showing your face to show you're the right person to give your student ID to, it also serves as a verification that they can charge you tuition fees, sign you up for the health service and to inform you on some stuff.
Original post by someone99
I need to go in for face-to-face enrollment next week to collect my student ID, but I haven't had an interview yet. Is this an interview?

Are you meeting your personal tutor?
Reply 4
Enrollment is usually just a bit of admin. If you already have a place, there would be no point interviewing you at this point. At my enrollment, the following happened for me:

1) I showed an admin person my A Level certificates and she ticked me off a list to confirm that my subjects/grades were the same as those on my UCAS application.

2) I was handed a Welcome Pack with info like a campus map, a sheet of weblinks to uni regulations and a draft timetable (although that was changed so often that they needn't have bothered!).

3) I had my photo taken for the ID card.

4) My ID card was printed and handed over.

As there were several hundred other people queuing to do the same, I barely had time to speak to anyone. I tried to see how many people were listed for my course, but I was rushed off so they could deal with the next person. Enrollment was a total of about an hour in three different queues, with a few minutes of actually doing things. Not a problem.
(edited 7 years ago)

No it isn't. Most universities dont interview for most courses.

Hello :smile:,

From my experience, no. My enrolment involved me turning up after the first night of Freshers, hungover to high hell. Sitting there with the faded marks of sharpie on my face and a banging headache, whilst they confirmed my name and course after looking at my ID and then printing off my Student ID and that was that!

However, it could be different for other universities, unfortunately, I'm not certain!

Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest