The Student Room Group

What are some good sweets suitable for vegetarians?

I m getting married next year and some guests will be vegetarians and also a couple of lactose intolerant and am planning on having a sweet table where there is something suitable for everybody, any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

First off, Congratulations!
Secondly, I’m not sure exactly, maybe you could google or check for that V on the packets of sweets.
Original post by frankielogue
First off, Congratulations!
Secondly, I’m not sure exactly, maybe you could google or check for that V on the packets of sweets.

Thank you:smile: Hopefully there's some ingredient lists online somewhere, I only know that gelatine and lactose are ones to look out for, I've no clue if there's any other ingredients vegetarians can't have.
What about those fizzy love hearts?

And congrats!
Reply 4
Cyanide smells a lot like sweet almonds, I am told :fyi:

Seriously, why would you invite any vegetarians to your wedding?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What about those fizzy love hearts?

And congrats!

We will definitely be having love hearts, great to hear they are veggie suitable :smile: Thank you :smile:
Reply 6
you can get vegetarian percy pigs from m&s
Original post by 41b
Cyanide smells a lot like sweet almonds, I am told :fyi:

Seriously, why would you invite any vegetarians to your wedding?

Yes this isnt a game of thrones wedding so no cyanide:P My mum prefers veggie food and my future mother in law are and apart from 2 lactose intolerant people, the other 50 something are having meat. I just recon sweets wise it's much easier to cater for all than have to tell people not to eat certain things.
Original post by kit16
you can get vegetarian percy pigs from m&s

thank you :smile: Do they do big bags of them? I m trying to buy in bulk.
Reply 9
I've only seen them in 150g bags which are not like the tiny funsize packs but definitely wouldnt be described as in bulk
Not quite sweets, but Booja Booja chocolates always go down well.
Original post by teef
Haribo strawberries
Jelly beans :smile:

I'd always thought all haribo was not suitable for vegeterians, I absolutely love the strawberry ones as well so that's going on the list, thank you :smile:

Original post by kit16
I've only seen them in 150g bags which are not like the tiny funsize packs but definitely wouldnt be described as in bulk

I'll see if I can get any on offer :smile:

Original post by Quantex
Not quite sweets, but Booja Booja chocolates always go down well.

ooh i've never come across those before, where can you get them ?:smile:
Colin the Caterpillar from M&S is nice and pretty much always veggie I think
skittles!!!!!

Nut-Free
Gluten-Free
Dairy-Free
Seafood-Free
Original post by Aurora_Boreal1s
Colin the Caterpillar from M&S is nice and pretty much always veggie I think

Thank you :smile:

Original post by JavaScriptMaster
skittles!!!!!

Nut-Free
Gluten-Free
Dairy-Free
Seafood-Free

I wonder if anywhere will do a pack of just purple skittles, that would be perfect :smile:
This sounds like such a great idea! I wish I'd done it for my wedding.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but often red sweets are colored with crushed beetles so unsuitable for veggies.

I recommend licorice. Not only is it the most delicious of all sweets but it's often vegetarian and even vegan friendly. :drool:
Reply 16
Skittles, chewits, M&S veggie pigs and starbursts are the only I can think of. A lot of sweets are actually gelatine free anyway so its always worth checking the ingredients :smile:
the strawberry jellies - http://www.pennyjellies.com/image/cache/data/giant-jelly-strawberries-600x600.jpg - are vegatarian

strawberry laces too

fudge and chocolate bars are always a safe bet

mini meringues too i think

and theres a box called pimlico vegetarian fizzy fruit jellies
Reply 19
Vegan Percy Pigs are the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest