The Student Room Group

should i quit?

i have been working for KFC for about a week now, and now i see why others despised working there. From my experience it is a dirty and demanding job, the staff are quite decent but not fussed in the manager. You get the odd angry rude demanding customer which is really demotivating and annoying. i could go on all day and say why i dislike it and regret applying for it. I'd like to quit the job (im also on 12 wks probation) but ive been told to wait for another job before i consider quitting as it wont look good to the next employer that i have quit a job after a short time.
Advice?
Original post by Wammyburger
i have been working for KFC for about a week now, and now i see why others despised working there. From my experience it is a dirty and demanding job, the staff are quite decent but not fussed in the manager. You get the odd angry rude demanding customer which is really demotivating and annoying. i could go on all day and say why i dislike it and regret applying for it. I'd like to quit the job (im also on 12 wks probation) but ive been told to wait for another job before i consider quitting as it wont look good to the next employer that i have quit a job after a short time.
Advice?

It is worth carrying on until you can find another job, even if just for things like the money and the possible reference. You probably won't get a reference after being there for such a short amount of time. That being said, if you really despise the place and can't stand it there is no shame in walking away. An employer will recognise when you have taken the step to responsibly leave a job, making it as easy as possible for the employer that you are leaving, because you didn't feel you were the right fit for the job, and the job wasn't the right fit for you. Make sure you work your notice though, if that is included in your contract, and depart in a way that doesn't cause too many issues. This will make your life a lot easier when it comes to explaining this to future employers, and if they have contacts and hear about you leaving in a really messy way then they will of course be less likely to take you. Good luck!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
It is worth carrying on until you can find another job, even if just for things like the money and the possible reference. You probably won't get a reference after being there for such a short amount of time. That being said, if you really despise the place and can't stand it there is no shame in walking away. An employer will recognise when you have taken the step to responsibly leave a job, making it as easy as possible for the employer that you are leaving, because you didn't feel you were the right fit for the job, and the job wasn't the right fit for you. Make sure you work your notice though, if that is included in your contract, and depart in a way that doesn't cause too many issues. This will make your life a lot easier when it comes to explaining this to future employers, and if they have contacts and hear about you leaving in a really messy way then they will of course be less likely to take you. Good luck!

I agree
Reply 3
Original post by Emma:-)
I agree

So many of your replies are "I agree".

Do you agree with that too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending