The Student Room Group

predicted grades BCD chance at audiology?

Hi I achieved BCD for my as levels and think I'll be predicted that or BCC. obviously very upset but do I have a chance? I've got the experience , but feel that universities like Southampton who want AAB. or even Aston who want ABB wouldn't really consider me? De Montfort want BBB and Middlesex want BBC, however these are both still above my predicted grades
Wouldn't you be predicted a grade above what you got at AS. For example I got ABC and was predicted AAB. You can ask your teachers to predict you ABC or ABB and work hard to achieve those grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Wouldn't you be predicted a grade above what you got at AS. For example I got ABC and was predicted AAB. You can ask your teachers to predict you ABC or ABB and work hard to achieve those grades.

no because my school are evil and predict the grade u got for AS
Reply 3
anyone
You could always just work really hard, get good grades then apply to uni the year after you get your A2 results:s-smilie:
Ok theres a couple of things to realistically consider here.

1. The grade offering from a uni reflects 2 things: the demand on places and the genuine standard you need to reach in certain subjects to have the potential to succeed with the course content. Look at what the uni with lowest offering for the course you are interested in want, as that is more likely reflecting the standard of work you need to reach as a minimum. If you cannot do that at A level or are really struggling it is likely you will find the course too hard and potentially drop out. The uni don't want that for them or you so they set those grades for a reason.

2. Your school are not being evil, they are being realistic. Without resitting exams you are very unlikely to increase your grade from AS to A2. Even people who have done well at AS often drop down a grade at A2 just because its that much harder. I speak from years of experience as a science teacher. There is no point to them predicting you highly inflated grades because if your offer is based on them and you dont get them at A2 then you wont have a place anyway.

I am not saying any of this to discourage you or be horrible, but you need to think about what else you would also be interested in if you cannot get the grades need, or other routes of access to this course like a foundation degree so you have a back up plan.

I wish you every success for the future.
Reply 6
Original post by hazybubbles
Ok theres a couple of things to realistically consider here.

1. The grade offering from a uni reflects 2 things: the demand on places and the genuine standard you need to reach in certain subjects to have the potential to succeed with the course content. Look at what the uni with lowest offering for the course you are interested in want, as that is more likely reflecting the standard of work you need to reach as a minimum. If you cannot do that at A level or are really struggling it is likely you will find the course too hard and potentially drop out. The uni don't want that for them or you so they set those grades for a reason.

2. Your school are not being evil, they are being realistic. Without resitting exams you are very unlikely to increase your grade from AS to A2. Even people who have done well at AS often drop down a grade at A2 just because its that much harder. I speak from years of experience as a science teacher. There is no point to them predicting you highly inflated grades because if your offer is based on them and you dont get them at A2 then you wont have a place anyway.

I am not saying any of this to discourage you or be horrible, but you need to think about what else you would also be interested in if you cannot get the grades need, or other routes of access to this course like a foundation degree so you have a back up plan.

I wish you every success for the future.

well I didn't put in as much effort as I should of this year so by giving it my all I'm positive I can get what I want ...lol my exams are linear so my grades this year don't count towards a2.

Quick Reply

Latest